Stalling.weird Idle Problem!please Help !

Muzik

I am stuck trying to figure out what is wrong with my car.Randomly stalled out at light while waiting to get gas.figured it was because of low gas.filled up then turned the key for the gas pump to fill up a few times then tried no luck.sat their for 10 mins trying to give it gas to start and checking different parts to see if i could figure out the problem.finally got the car started no gas needed.it would rev above 1000 rpm then it would die as if it had no gas or something.started it a few times this times giving it gas hoping maybe it wasn't getting enough gas.no luck it would start up if i didnt gas it during start up.then after starting i would try and rev it high but the car would die out like it wasn't receiving gas or occasionally if i accelerated at low rates it would actually rev up to about 3 or 4 before doing the same thing and dying out. Im lost and low on cash from replacing so many parts.Please help me out Lexusownersclub fam!!!!

Car used to have an insufficient egr air flow code but now the obd2 tester and my car wont link.im hoping its due to the battery completely dying and being recharged

Stuff i have checked or replaced:

replaced fuel filter

replaced fuel pump

checked egr valve by using suction technique

checked egr modulator

cleaned out iac valve

checked fuel pressure

alternator was recently replaced

again im out of ideas anything will help please and thank you

Hi

I will throw in a few things to see if it helps

From the airbox you will come to this part

http://images1.carpa..._1788120070.jpg

Check there are no cracks or holes. Otherwise this will override airflow sensor and let too much air in to what the ECU reads. These split due to the engine mounts wearing out and the engine has more movement than normal in the engine bay. Take the hose off and check it properly. If it is cracked then replace it and check engine mounts. Not expensive as its all rubber

Another part could be fuel blockage or an air blockage.

MAF sensor is gone or very dirty

Somehow you need to check fuel is getting to the engine to eliminate that

I see you did IAC however did you disassemble it or just spray cleaner through it.? Sometimes a complete cleaning by dissasembly is required...And make sure all of the little parts are intack.

You have zeroed in on the fuel delivery as the culprit, and I would wonder if the electrical side of the issue needs addressing.

First off, disconnect the battery for 10 minutes to see if the ECM will reset and let you run a scan. That might point at the ECM having gone into Limp mode for some reason. Spark plugs, coil pack, fuel injectors, cam position sensor, crank angle sensor? Perhaps that new alternator is part of the issue.

Then again, maybe the throttle body needs a good cleaning. It could be a pile of things. You really need to get the ECM back on line to throw the trouble codes, or you are just going in circles. Good Luck!

Hi

I will throw in a few things to see if it helps

From the airbox you will come to this part

http://images1.carpa..._1788120070.jpg

Check there are no cracks or holes. Otherwise this will override airflow sensor and let too much air in to what the ECU reads. These split due to the engine mounts wearing out and the engine has more movement than normal in the engine bay. Take the hose off and check it properly. If it is cracked then replace it and check engine mounts. Not expensive as its all rubber

Another part could be fuel blockage or an air blockage.

MAF sensor is gone or very dirty

Somehow you need to check fuel is getting to the engine to eliminate that

@steve thank you for your advice i appreciate you taking the time to help me out!So.. i checked the air box for any cracks or missing parts with no luck.everything is fine nothing wrong with it.My next step is to clean out the MAF sensor with some Sensor Cleaner but i doubt it will help.Im pretty sure there isnt any fuel blockage since the fuel pressure checked out fine and the fuel pump and fuel filter have been replaced. This is completely driving me nuts!!I hope i find out what it is soon.

I see you did IAC however did you disassemble it or just spray cleaner through it.? Sometimes a complete cleaning by dissasembly is required...And make sure all of the little parts are intack.

Thanks for your reply! Honestly i just sprayed cleaner in it.The sensor on the iac looked a bit oily when i opened it so i figured i shouldn't spray it.How would you recommend doing it?

You have zeroed in on the fuel delivery as the culprit, and I would wonder if the electrical side of the issue needs addressing.

First off, disconnect the battery for 10 minutes to see if the ECM will reset and let you run a scan. That might point at the ECM having gone into Limp mode for some reason. Spark plugs, coil pack, fuel injectors, cam position sensor, crank angle sensor? Perhaps that new alternator is part of the issue.

Then again, maybe the throttle body needs a good cleaning. It could be a pile of things. You really need to get the ECM back on line to throw the trouble codes, or you are just going in circles. Good Luck!

Thanks for your help!! I disconnected the battery for a full day so i could charge my battery on a battery charger.This morning i put the battery in and started it up.It started fine revved at about 2500 rpm from a cold start.No CHECK ENGINE LIGHT .after it ran for about 30 seconds to a min the check engine light came on then it died out like it ran a system check and something triggered the check engine light that caused the stall.I tried to use the code reader after with no luck! I dont get it!!

********Update*****

Recently charged my battery to full capicity.once i installed it back into the car i tried to start it.It started up with no problems check engine light was gone due to battery being disconnected.Car sat revving at about 2300 due to a cold start.The car warmed up for about 30 seconds when the check engine light came on and the car immediately died out. Im beginning to think the computer is working because as soon as it sensed something wrong the light came on causing it to die.I tried to use the code reader a couple of times with no luck.Please help me out.I feel like im that much closer to fixing it.