Need Help:starter Problem Sc400

Can anybody help me? I have a 92 SC400 and it wont start it has 170000 miles on the ticker and the starter would only "click" when the key was released I could turn the key to start and nothing until I would release the key and I would hear 1 click from the starter area (probally the solinoid) Now car has been sitting for quite some time now and now the starter wont do anything has anybody had this happen??? what should I know about replacing the starter? I know that the starter is in the "valley" of the motor and under the fire wall. Are there any tips or tricks anybody knows?

any info will help,

thanks,

Jerry

No tips or tricks for that job friend. PITA. Your contacts are worn in your starter solenoid as you stated. It needs to come out. The contacts can be replaced easily by any starter or electrical motor rebuild shop and chances are, the rest of your starter is just fine. Your battery is probably dead now too though. You will probably have to replace it as well unless it is new already.