Lost Digital Clock, Outside Temp And Heater Ac Display

mnesbit

i have a 95 ls 400 and i lost the clock, outside temp and hvac display.

i havent checked the fuses but i dont think that is the problem as there is no fuse for these systems only.

Do you guys have any recommendations.

Thanks, Mike

Does the display look all darkened (blackish)? This was (is) a very common problem on the earlier LS's. If so, you have to replace the display. Not hard to do. We(son & I) replaced the display in my 92 LS because of this very issue.

This tutorial shows the procedure. Take a look and see if you might have a similar issue(BTW, it might help in troubleshooting if you took a pic of yours and posted it for us) -> http://www.lexls.com...eLCDscreen.html

[EDIT] Disregard this post. Not for a 95, only 90-94. Thanks Jim.

Does the display look all darkened (blackish)?

The LCD's for the clock and outside temperature of the 95-97 LS400 are in the center vent assembly and separate from the HVAC LCD.

Check fuse #11 in the driver side kick panel. According to your owners manual, it is the only fuse shared by the clock and HVAC system. Fuse #11 is also for the front cigarette lighter ... plugged in a cell phone charger lately?

it is all fixed. fuse blew...due to cigaretter lighter receptacle shorting out the panel due to nut at back of lighter receptacle coming loose and wiring then getting shorted.

thanks everybody for your comments

...and for posterity sake, exactly which fuse did you replace? Thanks.

• Like 1