Pics Of The New Gs...

SW03ES

It looks beautiful!!! :cheers:

The more i see it, the more i can appreciate the new interior color combo. I wish you a lot of luck with the car SW! Be sure to watch the gas pedal though! :pirate: This thing's got power!

You gotta see the interior in person. The flaxen looks orangish in pictures, but in person its not.

Thanks!

You gotta see the interior in person. The flaxen looks orangish in pictures, but in person its not.

Thanks!

SW, the flaxen interior in your GS reminds me a lot of the interior of the 06-08 SC430, it works well! IMO the color combo worked well in the SC and works well in the new GS, but I'm still on the fence as to whether or not i like it's placement in the new LS...

What made you jump for the new GS and not the new ES? I never would have thought you'd jump for the GS; it was a surprise! :)

You know, I saw the flaxen on a new LS on the showroom floor and it worked well, I was kind of surprised too. The flaxen is a little lighter than that color on the SC.

I was unhappy with the new ES. They cut a lot of costs on the interior in terms of material quality vs my 2010, on the exterior they deleted all the chrome trim. On the GS the lack of chrome trim seemed to better fit the character of the car. On top of that it drove pretty much the same, and I've had basically that car for 10 years. Time for something different.

You know, I saw the flaxen on a new LS on the showroom floor and it worked well, I was kind of surprised too. The flaxen is a little lighter than that color on the SC.

I was unhappy with the new ES. They cut a lot of costs on the interior in terms of material quality vs my 2010, on the exterior they deleted all the chrome trim. On the GS the lack of chrome trim seemed to better fit the character of the car. On top of that it drove pretty much the same, and I've had basically that car for 10 years. Time for something different.

Did they really "cheap out" with interior materials on the new '13 ES? I haven't seen it in person yet, but from pictures it's hard to tell what's plastic and what's "soft-touch". It seems like Lexus is taking the knife to the new entry models to cut costs... Perfect example: For the '11 IS250/350, they removed the vinyl covered glove box and replaced it with one in plastic. Visually it looks the same, but when you touch it, you're pretty much in a Toyota.

I'm so glad you've stayed with Lexus; i know some of us were worried you might switch to another brand! :unsure:

Wow, great pics. Luv that car!

That interior is about as good as it gets in mid-sized premium cars. Interior quality is fine from what I noticed and felt at Pebble Beach intro and local dealership later.

Sweet engine, the DI 3.5. I've been told they gave the new GS some good intake and exhaust sound when revved hard, something I can appreciate. I haven't driven one yet.

(On my IS350, I had to add the F-sport exhaust to get some satisfying sound when pressed, it really made the difference.)

It really is a beautiful piece of state of the art, 21st century engineering. Others may disagree, but others may be willing to pay out $150 - 200k just to be !Removed! pigs.

I too am glad you stayed with Lexus. I know you struggled with the A6. Regarding the thoughts on the 2013 reduction in quality, I would strongly disagree. Of the 05, 10, and now 13' I've owned, the 13 interior quality is superb. Grant you, it is a long way from the 1990's Ls versions where every empty space had wood put on it. This is a much more contempoary look and has more technology than the 2010. I ordered leather on purpose. The substitution of Nu-Lux for leather is a cheap a.. mistake. The rest, stiching, solid thud when you close the door, the floor carpets all match-the SAME color-, and the addition of the "mouse" system all keep what may to some of you be just a "entry level" car, a real reason why Lexus continues to sell at the top year after year. Did I mention the heated steering wheel? If you live in proximity to a place where it gets 32' degrees or so you will love this feture! I will challenge you to put your money where your mouth is and build a better auto for the same dollar that offers the same level of value.

Ho Ho Ho.....LOL

Again, Steve, GREAT choice!! Remember, after a tough day at work,just sit back, put on some good music, and drive as fast as you can......!

Paul

Yah when you feel areas like the door panels on the 2013 ES, the lower sections are hard plastic now vs padded vinyl on the 2010. Glove bix also hard plastic. Leather is rouher, console is now plastic instead of wood. Little things that add up. Not much cost cutting in the GS, everything is padded vinyl or leather.

Yeah I really thought about trying another brand, but nothing just feels right like a Lexus.