Out With The Es...in With The Gs!

SW03ES

When I saw them on the range rover I honestly first thought I would never use them at all. Boy was I wrong...I love it! It is so much fun to down shift this thing and hear the engine roar. I have to admit this thing is a load of fun to drive. I still love my or should I say "her" GX now but this thing makes driving a 6k lb SUV a lot of fun.

SW you have to fill me in on your deal that you got. I swear I am still shocked by how much they dropped the price on this one. But you got a 2013, and I know another guy who just got a 13 es350 and he said they discounted it heavy.

*I* am still shocked! On the GS they had the benefit of the $1,500 owner loyalty rebate they could apply without loosing cost, but they reduced the sales price $6k from $60k to $54k, increased the trade offer on my ES $2k from $23k to $25k, and reduced the money factor on the lease from .0020 to .0007 in order to make the deal work. Helped that it was the last day of the month.

They listed my ES for only $3k more than they gave me for it, so I know I got top of the market for it too. Like I said, I think I could have gotten another $1,000 out of the deal, but they made the numbers work and I wanted to do the deal with them.

On an ES they wouldn't have been able to do nearly as well. One stickered like I would have wanted would have been $43,800, I might have been able to get that for $41k. At the end of the day, this GS lease was about $35 a month more than a new ES lease would have been. No brainer...

That's nice. Man when the sales manger dropped 10,000 off the sticker to start with that got my attention. I got a little more than they wanted to give me for the BMW got them to drop the price a couple of thousand more on the Range Rover i couldnt pass it up. I could trade this Range Rover in and get more than I paid for it. Funny told my wife I was going to look sent her a text two hours later telling her to clean out the BMW. I couldn't pass it up.

Congrats Paul! Yeah I know what you mean about the manuals. Does your dealer have a tech consultant? Mine does. I'm pretty savvy but I'm sure there are some tips and such I could pick up, I'm going to set up an appointment with him and see what he has to offer.

As I mentioned to Paul this morning, I'm hoping my next primary car will be an off-lease Panamera, preferably a relatively modestly equipped V6 (white exterior, of course!)

The Panamera's are beautiful cars!

Drove the GS around some today, got to take it out on the highway for the first time. Rides great! I can't believe I was worried I wouldn't like the way the GS drives. Definately firmer, but the body is much more controlled and stable, and on the highway it just glides effortlessly along, much like an LS does. Super happy camper. I didnt get a chance to snap any pics, it was cloudy here today anyways. I'll do so tomorrow.

Yes Steve, I spent about 20 minutes with the Tech Consultant before I left the dealer. Most of that time we played with the new mouse and voice recognition for guidance. More on that latter. Anyone with a 2013 of any flavor would be doing themselves a favor by taking advantage of this Tech Consultant service.

That's nice. Man when the sales manger dropped 10,000 off the sticker to start with that got my attention. I got a little more than they wanted to give me for the BMW got them to drop the price a couple of thousand more on the Range Rover i couldnt pass it up. I could trade this Range Rover in and get more than I paid for it. Funny told my wife I was going to look sent her a text two hours later telling her to clean out the BMW. I couldn't pass it up.

When the economy gets stronger I guess we'll be driving these for a while huh? LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve-

Your GS is one beautiful car! I was contemplating trading in my old '07 ES350 for the new GS350, but in reality I couldn't justify the trade, since my car has less than 17K miles on the odometer. I hardly use it since as a retired geezer, I fly between Scottsdale, AZ, Miami Beach, FL, and Minnetonka MN. There I have the use of a new Range Rover, a Bentley Continental Convertible, or a Range Rover Evoque. When I'm at home in NYC I mainly use my wife's "powerful" Toyota Corolla to zoom around in........and it's easy to park. LOL :)

If anybody deserves a great car, it's you.

Best of luck. :cheers:

Alan

Beautiful car....on a side note I looked at a 2013 Hyundai Equus, what a totally beautiful automobile....and man over 400 hp...what a move into luxuary. kind of looks like a lexus....

post-12820-0-96990400-1356064978_thumb.j

My preference is the cleaner styling of the new GS, don't care for the bloated rear fender humps on Equus. From what I see in import-rich area of northern CA, Equus isn't getting much sales traction.