2013 Es350 Seat Adjustment

FASTOY

Hello all. Though i drive a SC430, last week my wife started driving her new ES350. This morning she took a seat suchion to the car and, when asked, said she could not adjust the seat to make it comfortable.

Have any of you has similar experiences?

Thanks

Hello all. Though i drive a SC430, last week my wife started driving her new ES350. This morning she took a seat suchion to the car and, when asked, said she could not adjust the seat to make it comfortable.

Thanks

Thanks

We've owned two ES350's and found the front seats in both to be very comfortable. My wife and I are different sizes and both of us have been able to find comfortable positions. My advice to have her keep experimenting with different seat and backrest positions.

Hi Fastoy,

I think one of the most overlooked items when shoping for a car is how the seats fit, especialy over a long trip. I can imagine that even though there both Lexus, the seats in your 2006 do not feel the same as your 2013 ES. I'm moving from a 2010 ES this week to a 2013 ES, and they have redesigned the contours of the seats just slightly. I like them better. Not everyones spine or rump roast is the same. So just think how difficult it would be to make a car seat that would be comfortable for the guy with the Big Mac or the ballerina drinking diet water.

A suggestion is to adjust the Lumbar support a fraction at a time while driving at a moderate speed. It seems like many Lexus owners don't know there is a Lumbar support.

Good Luck!

Paul

• 2 months later...

I'm driving a new 2013 ES 350 and I've been able to adjust the driver's seat so that it's very comfortable. However, after my settings had been "set to" my key fob, I did make one more adjustment. I saved it to the "Driver 1" button on the door, and although I have attempted many times to save those settings to the fob, it doesn't seem to "take." I get in the car, buckle my seat belt, start the car, and then have to press the "Driver 1" button on the door to get that final adjustment. And, yes, I've done what the manual says -- hold the "Driver 1" button and press the lock/unlock button at the same time until it beeps. While it's not a major inconvenience to have to press the "Driver 1" button each time I get in the car, it would be a whole lot nicer if it was done automatically.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had any time to do any reading of the owners manual, but as you might have noticed for ease of entrance and exit, the seat moves and the steering wheel rises when you are stoped and unlock the seatbelt. You should never have to hit the "D1" button after it's been set once.

I would suggest you wipe all your settings clean and start over remembering that all of these choices are interlinked. Your dealer can do it for no charge.

Paul

• 1 month later...

New to this site. I just did a post on ride, and tires. On this subject Ill weigh in. When we went shopping for a new car and narrowed it down to the 350 and the Avalon. As always we sat in the front and back seats booth cars felt comfortable. But after putting 2000 miles on my Red ES 350 I do have issues. Every time me or my wife get into the 350 we can't move the steering wheel out of the way, so we hit our knees on the wheel. The only way to avoid this, is to manually move the seat further back after the automatically operation. My question would be. How do I pick up that extra slack and make the seat go to the complete end, in the automatic mod. Also does one drive with his head up against the head rest? I move it all the way forward but it feels uncomfortable. I always thought it was there for safety reason only. Cool seats are cool.

• 2 weeks later...

No, you shouldn't have the headrest all the way forward so that the back of your head is up against the headrest when you're driving. There should be a small space in between the back of your head and the headrest. You just don't want your head to have to go too far back before being stopped if someone rear-ends your car. The point of the headrest is to avoid a whiplash injury.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

New to this site. I just did a post on ride, and tires. On this subject Ill weigh in. When we went shopping for a new car and narrowed it down to the 350 and the Avalon. As always we sat in the front and back seats booth cars felt comfortable. But after putting 2000 miles on my Red ES 350 I do have issues. Every time me or my wife get into the 350 we can't move the steering wheel out of the way, so we hit our knees on the wheel. The only way to avoid this, is to manually move the seat further back after the automatically operation. My question would be. How do I pick up that extra slack and make the seat go to the complete end, in the automatic mod. Also does one drive with his head up against the head rest? I move it all the way forward but it feels uncomfortable. I always thought it was there for safety reason only. Cool seats

I assume you are aware of how to adjust the headrest, but if not, it can be set to 3 different positions. Push the headrest all the way forward (towards the windshield), then pull it all the way back to set in back position. Push it forward a little and you will feel the other 2 positions. I set mine all the way back. It isn't bad, but I wish I could set it back just a little further as sometimes my head hits it. Like you say, safety is the reason I suppose.