Electric Seat Problem. Ls400 -

Mikes515

Got a 93 ls400, although I know this issue is general and that the model and year dont 100% matter. My driver side electric seat is almost fully functional. It goes every which way except half the back is stuck in one spot. When i try to lean the seat back only the left half moves back. This has tweaked my back quite a bit.... I dont like to keep my seat back so straight up and am not use to it or just half of it being straight up. I did google a few different things but the answers seem to be quite vague. If anyone has any info or a site with info it would be greatly appreciated. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is caused by a warn shaft/sprocket in the lower seat back or thereabouts - very common problem. Some people are able to fix and reuse the shaft/spocket. I had the one on the 90 LS I used to have replaced. I think I paid my mechanic around $100 for the fix including the new part but that was maybe 15 years ago.

I'm sure there are photos and details on this forum on how to fix the problem. Try searching this LS400 forum.

Edit: I found this tutorial on Clublexus by using Google to search on "LS400 driver seat tilt problem": http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/442318-how-to-fix-the-problem-with-non-working-reclining-on-drivers-seat-pictures-inside.html