Oem All Weather Floor Mat

i have a 06 awd gs. i called my lexus dealer to order new all weather floor mats. they told me u cant get oem aw mats for 06 gs because of the floor mat fiasco from a few years ago...they say they all had to be destroyed. the guy on the phine then asked s few questions about the ones i have and he said it sounded like i have the oem aw mats and they are a goldmine because you cant get them anymore....anyone know anything about this?

Welcome Shyre to the Lexus Owners Club.

I understand what the dealer Service Advisor is explaining and in some ways it makes sense. However, Lexus has been selling all weather matts for years, even after the trouble with the so called stuck accelerator problem.

Surely a set of OEM matts for a 08' or '07', or what about from a later year IS? It just doesn't seem like an insurmountable problem.

An option would be matts made by "Loyds". They make them custom cut for make, model, and year, color. I've owned them in the past and the fit and quality are excellent.

Paul

the service advisor mentioned to me that these oem mats that were suppose to be destroyed could have a ton of value if u find the right person looking for them. his words were...u might have a goldmine on your hands. maybe an overstatement?

YIKES!!! You might not be the only one looking for all-weather rubber mats. Have you thought about the WeatherTech stuff before? I found a AWD in grey for just under $200 w/ free shipping.

I'm thinking about getting a set this week.