Tires For '04 Rx330

Reefer

My Michelin OEMs only lasted about 22,000 miles so when I replaced them I went with a set of Bridgestone Dueler H/Ls. It's time to replace them and I am looking for a quieter all season. They are 235/55/18's and have been researching Goodyear Assurance. My Lexus dealer is suggesting another set of Michelins Energys and I told him I thought the OEMs were junk. But he is saying the new set is so much more improved that they are replacing them on a lot of RX's. Any thoughts out there?

• 2 weeks later...

Have same year RX 330 with Bridgestone Duelers and can't wait to replace them due to loud road noise. Please post what tires you select and how they perform including comments about road noise. Any other Bridgesone dueler complaints from RX 330 owners about road noise would be interesting information.

• 2 weeks later...

Rfcbuf, I have been doing a lot of searching and am leaning toward the Bridgestone Ecopia EP422. They have been getting great reviews on other RX's and I went down to a dealer and looked at them, total different design than the Duelers. You are right, these Duelers have sure been loud as we put miles on them. I will keep you posted....would like to buy them with the next sale.

Rfcbuf, I have been doing a lot of searching and am leaning toward the Bridgestone Ecopia EP422. They have been getting great reviews on other RX's and I went down to a dealer and looked at them, total different design than the Duelers. You are right, these Duelers have sure been loud as we put miles on them. I will keep you posted....would like to buy them with the next sale.

which tire did you choose?

• 2 weeks later...

which tire did you choose?

I was a little mixed up with the Bridgestone...there is the Ecopia 422 and then there is the Dueler H/L Ecopia 422 which would be for my SUV. Both had great reviews on quietness and ride. So I did go ahead and had the Dueler H/L Ecopia 422 put on my RX330 two days ago. I did notice a quieter ride from the old Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas but being so new we'll have to see how they hold up etc.

I know it's not the tires now, but our RX330 sure has a lot of cabin loudness almost as if the axel or something has become louder through time. Just a lot of humming from rear area. I may put another post out there regarding this, anyone have this problem? It's an '04.

• 1 month later...

I had the Bridgestone Dueler H/T and they made my car pull to the right. The authorized repair shop that I use kept saying it was the tires not the alignment. They recommended Michelin or Khumos. However, no one in the tire shop recommended Khumos, so I went with the Yokahoma YK580's, and they have been quiet so far.

• 2 months later...

I have the Goodyear Assurance Confortred Touring on mine with 22,400 miles so far and they look and ride great. The previous tires were the Bridgestone and while they lasted over 40K, the last 7k miles they were extremely noisy. I will definitely get the Goodyear's again.