Starting Problem

My car is a 2007 RX400h. It has always had a starting problem if left for more than a few days. I bought this car used 3 years ago. Early in that time Lexus replaced my car battery free. In April I brought my car into Lexus overnight to check the electrical system. After $100+, I was told there was no problem. Today I tried to start my car after 1 week of sitting in my garage. I saw light, but it would not start. There was nothing left on the last week. Any ideas?

1 week and a no start is NOT normal in my book. You might want to have a current draw test done to see if the draw your battery is seeing is above normal. If it is normal, perhaps look into buying a battery that is rated by Consumer Reports as having excellent reserve capacity. Those include:

Interstate Megatron Plus MTP-24

Diehard Gold

Napa Legend Premium

Duralast Gold

Autocraft Gold

in that order. Those who live in the South should also look at The Walmart Everstart Maxx.

Install a battery buddy , it's a 12volt charger that supplies 2Amps of current on a needed basis , you wire a pig tail to the battery , up through the cowl so you can plug in while you are gone . Also don't leave a set of keys in the vicinity of the vehicle , it may keep some of the ECM s awake causing s draw on the battery .

Three years out of the ridiculously small battery (as in CCA and reserve capacity) that Lexus specs for the 400h is about average. I replaced the one in my 2006 in 2009. I believe other owners have experienced about the same lifespan.
I would suggest just throwing in a new battery. Too late now, but I would have spent the $100 on the Lexus diagnosis on the battery instead.

Also check the little lamps in the trunk area to make sure they are not turned on. they can go un-noticed quite easily....But other wise get a non lexus battery replacement....