May Be Looking For A New One...

LEXIRX330

Can't lease and get the 179 accelerated depreciation deduction...

Yea my guy and I talked about it today... Thanks for the idea on the VW, NC...hadn't thought about one of them? Now Army no offense bud but I'm just not much on dodges... This Wednesday I'm going to take a look at a few. Want to see the RR and I want to look at the X5 with the v8 too but I won't be buying since I'm driving the GX! :) I may look at a new GX too but nothing has got me to the point I have to have it right now.

Just for grins, go take a look at that new Benz GL...I stopped by the Benz dealer yesterday because I was in the neighborhood and its sharp. The ML qualifies too and its a little smaller/more efficient but not as good looking IMHO.

If you're okay with something thats only two rows, look at a Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. I *love* our Grand Cherokee, very nice vehicle and they have some pretty good incentives right now, including a free Hemi upgrade.Just heavy enough to qualify, 6400 lbs.

Just for grins, go take a look at that new Benz GL...I stopped by the Benz dealer yesterday because I was in the neighborhood and its sharp. The ML qualifies too and its a little smaller/more efficient but not as good looking IMHO.

If you're okay with something thats only two rows, look at a Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. I *love* our Grand Cherokee, very nice vehicle and they have some pretty good incentives right now, including a free Hemi upgrade.Just heavy enough to qualify, 6400 lbs.

Funny SW when I was looking online I looked at a jeep grand Cherokee SRT8. That thing is bad.

Well I will show you fellas what I got supposed to pick it up tommorow. And I actually am amazed at the deal I got. Paperwork isn't complete so I don't want to get ahead of myself but I bought the last 2012 and it has 500hp! Any guesses? Brand new and 12,000 off the sticker. The finance guy called me and thought the had wrote the contract up on the wrong car. He asked me if it was the one on the paper work and I was like yea...he said hold on and went and asked the sales manager if it was right he came back in shook his head and said man you got a great deal...told me that he had been in the car business for 24 years and had never seen one like that. Funny thing is that I went to look and had no plans on buying anything at all and the car I went there to see had been sold. They had this one there and the sales guy didn't even know about it since it was supposed to be traded to another dealer but that deal fell through. Well the one I went there to see was the same color combo and as I was leaving the sales guy introduced me to the sales manager. Told him that I liked the one I drove but wanted this color combo and he said I will give you one "hell" of a deal on a 2012? Sales guy said we don't have any 12's SM said yes we do its in back the dealer TRX didn't happen. Well low and behold there she was SM says I will give you $11,000 off the sticker to take it off the lot. ME: poker face (thinking what) what will you give me for my X5...back and forth for a few mins and the easiest deal I have ever had in my life. The trade in value when I look it up is more than I'm paying for the thing!

So give me your guesses. Should have pics tommorow! :cheers:

The Range Rover Sport is a face lifted LR3 which after griping about it for a couple of years, my neighbor just replaced with a ..... what do you think? .... a Lexus SUV. Let's hope that new Indian owner Tata will improve Range Rover as it seems to be doing with Jaguar.

You got it bud...2.9% for 5 years isn't bad either!

Nice!

I looked at Land Rover of Annapolis' website and saw they had one black 2012 Spercharged left lol. ;)

They're beautiful, I've always really loved them...

The Sport is very different from an LR3 Jim. The basic platform is shared, but that's really where the similarities end.

500 hp?? If the insurance business gets slow you can bring it out here and use it to pull Catepillar bulldozers out of the ditch during winter.

Nice ride...hell of a deal. It's obvious you really know how to put the pressure on in tough negotiations. LOL And this is from the guy who kept saying, "I just can't get in the mood to go look at cars. Ha Ha.

Please post some pics so I can see and envy.

( My 2013 is still somewhere on the Pacific. The anticipation is half the fun.)

Enjoy David good bud!

Paul

Well you know SW there is a BMW, Lexus, and the jag land rover dealers all right there. So I figured since I had the meeting by BWI that I would test drive a few. I have to admit I was blown away with the ride of the RRS I was expecting a bumpy stiff ride like the X5, but it has the same steering and handeling but the ride is much smoother not as smooth as a Lexus but it also doesn't have the body roll either. I was shocked...then the sales guy asked if I off road told him no. He said well you will enjoy this anway. Took me on their demo track! If I didn't have my seat belt on I would have fallen out of the car. Pretty neat. Still wasn't buying the 2013 base model with the lux package with tax and tags was close to 70k. Now they made me a nice offer on a 13 but not enough to make me buy. But when the Sales Manager and I talked and he knew what I was looking for trim wise he really wanted to move the car. As far as the reliability that was my main concern, but when I got the X5, and the Benz I heard the same things. Both relatively trouble free...way I see it car breaks down I will put miles on their loaner. But the reliability of the RRS has improved a great deal. We shall see but honestly I could go trade this thing in at another dealer and actually not loose a penny and could probably make money on it. The SM started with 11,000 off MSRP, got another 1,000 for my trade, then had them knock off dealer fees 900 ish. We are talking about a supercharged RRS for less than just the RRS. I guess with a deal like that I will take my chances.

Paul actually 510Hp :) man I'm going to get in trouble with this thing! Thanks for the feedback and I will get the photos up soon.

Very nice indeed! Only have known 2 people with RR's in my life, both late 90's models, one of which was that Calloway series. Both had problems only associated with the electrical via blown fuses. The Calloway had a problem with the driveshaft dropping due to too much power for it to handle. All were fixed though. The Calloway owner's son had a discovery for many years, one of the rare manual transmission models. Loved it. Had some problems with seals, but considering how he treated it, he's lucky that's all he had problems with!!

In terms of reliability - I feel the exact same way. My VW's which is a badge that doesn't exactly have the most stellar reliability an quality image.... Have been nothing but stellar and exceptional quality.

SW, glad to see you're feeling better! I thought that prime rib looked a little pink-ish. They did warn us that they had to reduce the cost of natural gas on the grill to compensate for the increased health insurance costs for the dish washer. That has to be the reason why you weren't feeling very well by the time desert arrived.. :whistles:

post-15797-0-16802700-1353009177_thumb.j

Good one NC!

I will get some pics up sometime tommorow. By the time I got back to my office I didn't have time to do anything but return calls. As far as the drive of this 510hp beast...WOW! Glad the coppers already had some cars pulled over cause I was blazing a trail. This thing is going to get me in trouble. :)

Gee Dave. Maybe next time you'll be able to afford a good looking one......?lol

Man what a super ride my friend. Love the color and especially like the wheels. With good looks and a robbery of a deal I'd say you came out of this like a bandit.!!!

One thing...you might want to have the front end alignment adjusted to accomedate that pull to the right every time you pass a gas station. 510hp engines likes to be feed often. LOL

Man, my wife is sort've over her Volvo lately. Said she likes it, but doesn't love it. Me, as a good husband, asked her what she'd "love" to have instead. Care to guess what her answer was? I'll give you a hint, there's a very sweet picture of it on the earlier page (no, not you, Steve!)

In terms of the sticker price, gas consumption, and awesomeness of that sweet ride you've got there Dave, I have to defer to a fatherly saying told to me by my dad right before I left home for college, and again right before I got married.... "Son, boners aren't cheap".

Range Rover with a supercharger = "schwing!"

:) thanks fellas. SW, I really liked the lighter interior I think it's called almond, this is called tan. But after looking at it I actualy prefer this interior combo out of all of them. Paul I think I am getting about 16 mpg so far...but I will admit I haven't fully laid into her yet. This thing is wicked fast! NC...:) get your check book out!

Speaking of the wheels Paul something I forgot to mention. When we did the inspection I was so excited to get going that I was quickly walking around the car and my sales guy said wait a second and he went and got the SM, and service manager and pointed out that the right front tire had a big cut in it. I missed it and he pointed it out. They took the car back put a new one on it and I was on my way. But it did give me a great feeling that they picked that up they knew I was in a hurry and I wanted to get going...glad he still took his time.

Yeah I love these dark brown, chocolate interiors that are in right now. Audi has one called Nougat Brown which is great, Jeep has the saddle, Lexus has the flaxen which is nice but a little orange...