Iacv Location

• 5 months later...

The IACV is located under the throttle body so it would be pretty tough to shoot a photo. Personally, I never tried to remove this valve, but it was suggested that you should remove the throttle body to gain easier access.

Maybe SK can help.....he's constantly ripping apart his engine. hehehe :lol:

Found it. Took out the 2 air intake hoses and the IACV locates right under them. I took out the two screws and cleaned the inside with the throttle body cleaner. The problem went away, so here is the pictures I took (IACV is the black piece with the two screws, one of them has the yellow dot on it).

Thank you.

post-7-1092765418.jpg

• 2 years later...

So to Clean the IACV , I remove those two screws that look like its Holding on a Small Box of somesort ? If thats it , Do I spray Carb Cleaner on it Directly or inside it? Thanks

• 1 year later...
So to Clean the IACV , I remove those two screws that look like its Holding on a Small Box of somesort ? If thats it , Do I spray Carb Cleaner on it Directly or inside it? Thanks

Thought I would bump this post, because I have the same question, no where near an expert with cars,

Is Carb Cleaner and throttle body cleaner the same thing ?

do I spray directly on it, or inside ?

Do I remove the screws that look like its holding on a small box of somesort ?

thanks !!

Someone had posted a very nice write up with pictures on how to clean IACV. It was probably 2 years ago. It shows every step of the way w/pictures. You should search for this post before start taking things apart.

was that right up you speak of on these boards in particular ? or should I search on google ?

Someone had posted a very nice write up with pictures on how to clean IACV. It was probably 2 years ago. It shows every step of the way w/pictures. You should search for this post before start taking things apart.

was that right up you speak of on these boards in particular ? or should I search on google ?

it's on this forum.. search the key words:: IACV, idle control valve. .etc

post-26724-1239598349_thumb.jpgpost-26724-1239598256_thumb.jpg[attac

hment=12292:Throttlebody2.jpg]

it's on this forum.. search the key words:: IACV, idle control valve. .etc

I have a 97 es300 and it doesnt look like the TB pictured. I would like to clean out the IACV but would like some info on the specific setup I have.

Actually on the 92 ES300 it's a bit simpler than that. It's located on the intake manifold near the throttle body (Since the original poster has a 92 ES 300. But hopefully he found it by now.....Five years later... :P

2 bolts (12mm I believe) and a bunch of hoses.

brokenbySteve.jpg

IACV Intake Air Control Valve $370.00 at your local Autozone :angry:

• 1 month later...
Actually on the 92 ES300 it's a bit simpler than that. It's located on the intake manifold near the throttle body (Since the original poster has a 92 ES 300. But hopefully he found it by now.....Five years later... :P

2 bolts (12mm I believe) and a bunch of hoses.

brokenbySteve.jpg

IACV Intake Air Control Valve $370.00 at your local Autozone :angry:

Great picture, thank you. Can this valve be cleaned, and if so, are their any special instructions or do I just spray it with carb cleaner.

• 2 months later...
Found it. Took out the 2 air intake hoses and the IACV locates right under them. I took out the two screws and cleaned the inside with the throttle body cleaner. The problem went away, so here is the pictures I took (IACV is the black piece with the two screws, one of them has the yellow dot on it).

Thank you.

I see that you took out the IACV and cleaned it out and you said the problem went away, What was the problem you were having if you don't mind me asking? i know this post is a few months ago but i was told to clean mine out because i'm having misfire problems in cyl 1,2,3