Front Brake Pad Clips Missing

I have a 93 sc400.

The oem pads use a clip to hold the pads securely in place on the calipers.

Well mine are missing on the fronts.

Does any one have recomendations on where i could get just the clips, not whole new pads?

I tried the local autoparts stores and they can only do new pads but my pads are new, so i don't want to go that route.

I may also try the dealer but i figure they will want more money than an alternate source would.

I guess my previous post didn't go through.

I really don't think you need the two metal pins. They're just holding the two together. You should try leaving them off, and place the caliper on the shoe. If it clears your wheels , then you're set.

if it bothers you, then you could place a flexible metal stips, shaped like a V, and place them there, but no need.

Let me try to explain this. I don't need the V spring clip, that pushes the pads off the rotor.

I need the 2 clips (1 on each end of the pad) that sorta "locks" the pad into the caliper. 2 pads on each caliper and each pad uses 2 clips, so i would need 4 clips for each caliper.

With out these clips, the after market maxxis pads can be moved by finder, due to the gap caused by not having the slip holding the pad in the caliper.

It looks like these clips come with new/replacement pads or from a dealer but they didn't come with the maxxis pads.

Thanks for answering anyway.

How much is lexus asking for the clips?It shouldn't be more than $3 a peice if that?

you do need them other wise the pads will sit of angle and start to squeal.It only keeps the pads held into the caliper on the outer side of the rotor not the inside as it has a v clip on the back of the pad to hold into the pot of the calipers.

I haven't gotten a response from the dealer, so i will call them tomorrow and see if i can get a price and avail on them.

Yeah, i think i need them too. The last ones on the old pads just wouldn't fit on the new metalic maxxis pads. I took the car to the dealer a week later for unrelated service and thats when they noticed the pads and stated "ready to fall off". while i feel this isn't quite true, i did see the play they mentioned and realized my error.

Thanks again guys.

You should also ask Toyota, just in case they have they're the same and cheaper. Have you ever thought of checking with Pep Boys or nAPA? I think they sell them as well.