93 Ls400 Frontseat Console Cupholder Faceplate>?

Mikes515

Hey all, The face plate that folds down when you push on it releasing the cupholders from inside the front center console was destroyed. I have searched online and had no luck. Not sure if im not searching for it by the correct name, or what. Wondering if anyone has any tips or even one they could spare? This small piece of trim proves to be quite elusive! Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Could it be the part I've pointed the arrow at in the attached diagram? As many times as I took the console apart in the 90 LS I had, I would have thought I would have remembered more about how the little flip down door was attached.

Edit: No, that can't be it since it doesn't come in colors.

post-2157-0-34690000-1351353746_thumb.jp

No it is just a tray sort of thing. I will upload pic that shows what it is like when its closed. WHen you look at the center console from the radio display, where the cup holders are is just a flat grey roughly 3x5 inch grey flat piece. Then you push that and that folds down onto the wood trim between the shift knob and the cetner console and the cup holders pop out right above it. Essentially your drinks rest on the plate while inside the holder instead of on the wood trim. Its just a simple plastic rectangle. If its removed ( in my case i bought the car with it broke) you just see the cupholder rectangle and then you push it and they come out. Its very minor but my OCD says that it would look much cleaner with the right piece there. :) Also im big on interiors looking just right >_<.

Finnaly found 2 pictures that may help, haha lets hope!. The Top picture is the cup holder closed position. As you can tell its flat plastic .

In picture two the flat plastic faceplate is folded down, which the cupholders then fold out above it. Again keeping your drinks off of the wood trim. That is the piece i am missing. :( its proven to be quite elusive as ive said.

post-144583-0-54762300-1351369983.jpg

post-144583-0-62746300-1351369987.jpg

OK, now I remember. I wonder if that little door is part of the console shell and not available separately. I have a similar situation in that I tried to by a replacement black press-in insert for the console tray in my 00 LS - removing a phone handset left holes in the insert. Should have been a cheap part but it is only available with the entire fairly expensive leather upholstered console tray.

hmm, well from a retailer i assume not. But the plate just pops righ off. As i have the piece in my trunk! Its just rendered useless because previous owner decided to snap off the 2 small round nubs on the button corners that keep it locked onto the console and able to flip up and down without any trouble. I am just supprised i cant find it on ebay or any such sites like that. >_< i guess noone has a nack for that 100% perfect interior as i do. It is fully functional with out but i just cant wrap my mind around how un clean it looks! Just looks un finished and rattles my OCD. Oh well for now i shall have to deal with it. :) Thanks for the responses!

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has no screws at all. Its just a flat piece with two plastic nubs on each bottom corner so that it can move up and down, It is the flat panel that says "push" and has two rubber feet on it.. Clicks into place right under the button to lift up center console top. Doesnt attach to anything at all besides the bottom trim of console. My cup holders are stil there and still function, Just a trim piece. Pain, will probly need salvage yard. Greatly dislike that they no longer allow us to enter in and pick through.