2008 Rx 400 Tires

I need to replace the tires on my 2008 RX 400. I am not fan of "V" rated tires that last only 20-25K miles. I am looking for all-season tires that will work in snow and will last 50k+ miles. Any recommendations? Are there any issues with RX400's Lo Tire Pressure Warning system if use non OEM tires? Also, if you have already used non V rated tires on RX400 then can please share your experience.

I bought the Yokohama PARADA's spec X. so far good, have 11k miles on them....Others will have to chime in on mileage and snow...Tirerack.com was my point of purchase and they have a lot of customer feedback as well as performance charts....

Another vote for the Yoko Parada-X. They are V-rated and it is not recommended that you buy tires that are rated to lower speeds that the OEM tires. I think it's safe to say that any 50,000 mile tires will be poor handlers, at best.

The best, for nose and wear, durability, is Michelin on a 400h. Please after purchase, get a 4 wheel alignment also. The TPS system is not affected by tire sizes, tread, style on THIS model. I do not prefer directional or rain grooved tires, they will wear and make noise on this vehicle.

You know this because you've tried all other brands of tire on the vehicle?

Parada Spec-X here. Not many miles yet but they are good in all conditions. WAY better than the OEM Michelins which sucked. The newer version of the Michelin is supposed to be better than the original. But there are a bunch of people on here who are happy with their Paradas.

• 10 months later...

Just wanted to update on the Yokohama Parada X tires. I have rotated every 5k miles and presently have 30k miles. They are wearing perfectly even, but I am not sure how wear wise they are doing. THey have tread, but I didn't measure them. What kind of wear is everybody else getting.?????

I was using Michelin Energy S8 stock tires and only getting 30k miles. I have now switched to the Michelin Latitude Tour and wear is much better. Other than no V speed rating they are perfect. I hope Michelin discontinues the S8s and replaces them with a Latitude Tour with the V speed rating which is the stock 19"tire on the 2009 and up RXs.

Just wanted to update on the Yokohama Parada X tires. I have rotated every 5k miles and presently have 30k miles. They are wearing perfectly even, but I am not sure how wear wise they are doing. THey have tread, but I didn't measure them. What kind of wear is everybody else getting.?????

Mine are wearing quickly and noiser than when they were new. Only 25k miles and they are getting close to needing to be replaced. I don't think I'll buy the Paradas again. I'll probably go with these tires next time.

Yes mine too are noisier. I am thinking of the Michelin MXV4 tires next time but Yokohama now has a new low resistance rolling tire out too....What I want is quiet, and long wear. We don't experience adverse weather where we live.

• 2 weeks later...

Ours are on approx. 24000 miles and are still very quiet. We rotate every 5-6000 miles and have plenty of tread left. All-in-all, these tires have been great over the past 2 and a half years.

• 3 years later...
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2013 at 0:57 PM, maseace said:

Mine are wearing quickly and noiser than when they were new. Only 25k miles and they are getting close to needing to be replaced. I don't think I'll buy the Paradas again. I'll probably go with these tires next time.

How did the tires that you mentioned go?  I just am very unhappy with the Bridgestone Ecopia 422 tires. 

On 9/12/2016 at 8:00 PM, lenore said:

How did the tires that you mentioned go?  I just am very unhappy with the Bridgestone Ecopia 422 tires. 

They're ok. Great performance but the noise level is not that great, and my mpg is not any better than a non-LRR tire. Also they do not have the lip to protect the wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I am committed to some Michelin LTX Defenders.  Putting them on Monday the 10th as there is a $70 rebate.  America Tire suggest them over the Pirelli.  I have the same tire on my Ford F150 Supercrew and so far they have been excellent...Wish me luck in this continuous tire drama. And Yes I just had an alignment done (185kMiles) and toe was off front and rear.  I have all new shocks, mounts, and control arms with ball joints...

The LTX tires are listed in Consumer Reports as truck tires and are not listed in the Tirerack website when I inputted our 2006 RX400h. As a truck tire, the LTX is rated very highly, so you may like them on your RX (seeing that you do have them on your truck). Tirerack does include the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 tires in their list of tires for our RX, for $195 each. Those are rated even higher (for dry braking and handling) than the LTXs by CR, although the AS3s are listed in the "UHP All-Season" category.

They are listed in the Consumers report annual book, rated well.  They are in Tire rack also.   Funny they are not a best seller, but rated well there also....

• 1 month later...

Well I had almost 1K miles on Alenza Plus tires... In one emergency situation where I had to brake really hard the tires actually squeaked as the traction was pretty bad - on dry 60 degree day... Not good. Checking my MPG - I was about 3-5 MPG less than on my old Ecopia's - strike two. And that was on over-inflated tires at 40PSI... The ride was a lot harder too - strike 3. Besides that, at high speeds over 70MPH I noticed that steering wheel would start shaking - not necessary tires problem but costco installers didn't balance it properly - last strike. So yesterday I went back to costco and returned Alenza's and put my second set of Ecopia's - even got $35 back lol. My last set of Ecopia's lasted me 70502 miles exactly.