Enform Apps Problem

larrymcj

I bought a new 2013 RX 350 two days ago and I'm having trouble with the Enform Apps not working. I'm very technically savvy, using an iPhone 4S, and have already tried Lexus Support (the tech person there unfortunately didn't have a clue what was wrong).

I have the Enform App on my iPhone, as well as Pandora and iHeartRadio, and Bluetooth is on all the time. When I first tried using Enform Apps, everything worked except Pandora. When I tried to use Pandora from the car I got a tutorial of "The application is not configured. Please add a Pandora account." I pressed OK and it went back to the main Apps screen and nothing happened. At that point, if I went to Pandora on my iPhone and selected a station, it would start playing on the car. But I shouldn't have to do that…and shouldn't get that tutorial when first pressing the Pandora button in Apps.

I called Lexus Support and the only thing he could offer was to shut down the Enform App and Pandora App on the iPhone, then turn off the phone, restart it, then restart Enform and Pandora. I did this, and now the situation is even worse. Now, when I am in the car with the iPhone, Bluetooth connected, Enform App running and press the Apps button on the car I get the following tutorial..."To use the services, an active application needs to be running on the phone. For further assistance please contact Lexus Customer Assistance….".

Well, the Enform App is definitely running on my phone and the phone is paired with the car, Bluetooth is on and I'm at a loss as to what else to try. I traded in an inferior car (Ford) but I think the Ford SYNC system was light years ahead of the Lexus Enform and Navigation system. Thanks in advance for any help someone might have.

• Like 1

You I know I just read this and was going to go out on a limb and ask if you had anything else paired? I use my iPad when my kids are with me so they can watch movies. So then I need to switch the players when they aren't with me to get back to my iPhone. That is frustrating too since you can't switch players while in motion...surprised you can change CDs while in motion! (Actually to be honest I have never used the cd/DVD player to know if you couldn't!)

• 7 months later...

Having same and other problems of similar variety with my 2013 ES350. Problem(s) of bluetooth conned seem to epidemic in Toyota family - same in my 2013 Prius V, (using same system, though called Entune.) I make sure Enform is activated on my iPhone before trying the system in the car. Sometimes I get the same prompt advising that an application has to be running. I understand the satellite is looking for my bluetooth connection, and am patient with that - though sometimes the wait can be several minutes. An additional annoyance is that the map display dominates - takes over the display - even when NAV not invoked/no destination entered. So that when the selected app Pandora is running (balkier than blue tooth- iPod/iPhone music, balkier than Heart Radio or Satellite), it isn't possible to thumbs-up/thumbs-down or switch to other media choices without using voice or mouse to get there.

Having same and other problems of similar variety with my 2013 ES350. Problem(s) of bluetooth conned seem to epidemic in Toyota family - same in my 2013 Prius V, (using same system, though called Entune.) I make sure Enform is activated on my iPhone before trying the system in the car. Sometimes I get the same prompt advising that an application has to be running. I understand the satellite is looking for my bluetooth connection, and am patient with that - though sometimes the wait can be several minutes. An additional annoyance is that the map display dominates - takes over the display - even when NAV not invoked/no destination entered. So that when the selected app Pandora is running (balkier than blue tooth- iPod/iPhone music, balkier than Heart Radio or Satellite), it isn't possible to thumbs-up/thumbs-down or switch to other media choices without using voice or mouse to get there.