Pop Alabama

I closed the trunk with the only key I have inside, I had a locksmith open the door, set off the alarm system. When I could pushed the button to open the truck, nothing. When I pushed the button in the glove box and then the button to open the trunk, nothing. Lexus can not make a key because (they say) they can not obtain the code to make a key. They say have the car towed to them ($375.00) then they can obtain the code from the car and order a key that will then reset the alarm system and get me in the trunk. Another $325.00 for the key.

Any ideas how I can get in the trunk without Lexus?

Thank you,

Pop

Some times the code is vague. The dealer must remove the door lock cylinders to obtain a code and cut a key.Your locked out of the trunk because the alarm has been activated.this is all working as designed the only failure is human error.dealers are restricted by the manufacturer as far as keys and entry are concerned , you must also prove ownership. Why so negative about dealers, you'll get a loaner and a car wash too . Give them a chance.

Thanks for the reply, I'm not sure where you see a negative????, I love my Lexus dealer!!! I'm just stating the facts and asking for help. I screwed up, I put my keys in the trunk, I shut the trunk, just looking for the best way to get my keys without towing and such.

If anyone has this issue in the Birmingham or Alabaster Alabama area let me know. I just had a guy come to my office, make a new key on site, for $150. Savings tow to Lexus dealer $275.00 plus key ordered through Lexus $315.00. Total $590 paid $150 saved $440. I love my Lexus dealer but this is a big savings. I will be taking my car in for service at my Lexus dealer as always.