O2 Sensor

I am hoping someone can help me out with this. I recently had the check engine and VSC light's lights come on on my 2007 RX350. The gas cap is confirmed tight so I took it to Autozone to read the computer for me. They got codes P2195 and P0138. They told me this is a bad O2 sensor in bank 1 sensor 2. Does anyone have a picture they can send me of where this O2 sensor is located so that I can attempt to fix this problem? I don't know all that much about cars but I can't imagine changing this could be all that difficult. The dealer wants $500 to fix this and I know the part is only $100 or so. I took a brief look at the exhaust system and could not locate anything that looked like a sensor.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Greg - I haven't looked at the exhaust on my wife's '09 RX350 to locate the sensor, but I will go take a look and let you know what I find. It should be between the exhaust manifolds and the catalytic converter(s). Will go look and get back to you in a few minutes, maybe longer if it involves removing skidplates. Hers only has barely over 40k miles and we've had no error codes since we bought it new 4.5 years ago.

Scott

Scott, thanks so much. I opened the hood and I do see one right on top (like in this picture) and then it looks like another one may be down towards the bottom on the left. Which one would be bank 1 sensor 2?

P2195 B1S1 stuck lean.

P0138 B1S2 Oxygen sensor circuit high voltage.

Bank 1 indicates bank that includes cylinder number 1. ( all odd number cylinders) this is the rear bank of your vehicle.

There area four sensors two each bank , front two are air fuel ratio and rear two ( after cat) are o2. All four are active in air / fuel ratio feedback.

Diagnosis must be performed using diagnostic equiptment , being able to observe the activity and reaction of these sensors is required.

Please visit a dealer, get a accurate diagnosis and repair cost or your just wasting your time and money guessing.

I definitely agree with James...if not a dealer, then at least a reputable mechanic. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but it looks like you found them on your own and got some good advice from James. I had a minor emergency I had to deal with shortly after talking to you earler so didn't get to check my wife's.

Thanks guys, it looks like I need to repair both the Bank 1 Sensor 1 and Bank 1 Sensor 2 OS Sensors. Is the B1S1 the upstream (left or Right) and the B1S2 the downstream (left or right)? I am looking to buy parts so my mechanic can install them so I want to make sure I buy the correct ones.

Any help with what parts to buy is great appreciated.

The error codes I have now are P2195 and P0138

• 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Did anyone answer your question? When you go to buy a sensor, they list them as left and right, and that is what it looks like you were asking. Please don't suggest going to a dealer. That is why people come to these sources of information. The other information is good, but it does not give you the information needed to order the part.