Oh "deer"! My Poor Lex.

landar

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The insurance co. reached a price agreement with the body shop so I am going to have the Lexus certified shop do the work. The shop will use new OEM sheetmetal for fender and door skins. The total cost will be in the $7500 range although it could go higher due to unseen damage. The shop is very busy right now so my car will not be ready until Dec 1. The other shop (non-Lexus) estimated the damage at $4600 which lead me to thinking that perhaps they did not know what they were doing.

• 1 month later...

Just got a call from the body shop and picked up my Lex. All shiny and new again. The final cost rose by about $3k from the original estimate...$7500 to $10,500. They found some hidden damage, among other things, a headlight controller that cost $950! In other cases, the price of parts had gone up. The shop used all OEM sheet metal and parts.

I could not believe how nice it was to be back in the saddle after 2 1/2 months of driving a 98 Chrysler van. What a difference. Almost like I had stepped into a luxury vehicle...oh wait, I did!! :whistles: ^_^

I'm glad you're pleased with the repair. Sounds like it was very well done.

And can I estimate prices or what?

A Chrysler minivan will make just about anything else feel good - but an LS400 especially so!

SRK

do you ever drive your 92?? didnt you buy a club members LS from Arizona?

Yes, my son is currently driving it. It's his 'baby' now. Absolutely loves it. He won't let me drive it anymore!

Billy, I was actually in your area last week. Went to San Antonio, TX to attend my other son's graduation from Air Force basic training. Awesome state.