My New 2013 Lexus Es 350H

palermo22

I picked up my car today - first, kudos to the dealership: Lexus of Santa Barbara - they were great - best buying experience I ever had (their low price didn't hurt either). I wanted the light silver/blue color with parchment but my wife wanted the silver w/gray interior - she won. The dealership went out and got us the car from another dealership (Santa Monica) and then was nice enough to exchange the tires for me (it came in with Bridgestone and we wanted the Michelin).

I have only driven the car home (75 miles) and we took the car out to dinner tonight - so I can only give my initial impression: the car is very comfortable - roomy - and feels luxurious inside. However, the power is another story! You don't buy this car to zoom around - you buy it to be very comfortable in a car that gets 40 MPG (and that is what I got on the way home) - pretty good when you consider it was the initial drive and I had the AC on most of the way.

Now, onto the reading - a lot to read and learn this car.

More to report later.

It may not be for zooming in and out, but it sure his smooth, isn't it?

Congratulations!

Yes, smooth - and while it may not zoom it does have decent pickup. I am so glad I got this rather than the Audi A6 - which is the car we were going to get.

Pictures soon - football first!

One thing I have to get better at is to know my model - obviously it's an ES 300h (not the ES 350h).

By the way, if you don't have the car yet, the manual is around 900 pages and a separate manual on the navigation system is 400 pages!

Pictures soon - football first!

One thing I have to get better at is to know my model - obviously it's an ES 300h (not the ES 350h).

By the way, if you don't have the car yet, the manual is around 900 pages and a separate manual on the navigation system is 400 pages!

Yes, but in all fairness, it's pretty smooth reading. Most of the pages are half pages, lots of graphics ... I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can work through all this within a relatively short time, wouldn't you say?

Totally agree! Most of the information is common sense; however, there are a few areas (particularly on the navigation system) that do need a few additional moments.

I can't understand why Lexus makes it so diffciult with the navigation system: many other manufacturers allow you to input and change while driving - Lexus does not. I know there are hacks out there that can get around this but there is no way that I am jeopardizing the warranty on a $45,000 car!

One minor note of interest (I have it as a question for my salesman): my 2007 Lexus IS had a compass setting in the rear-view mirror - this car does not. Does anyone know if the car does have a compass somewhere?

I can't understand why Lexus makes it so diffciult with the navigation system: many other manufacturers allow you to input and change while driving - Lexus does not. I know there are hacks out there that can get around this but there is no way that I am jeopardizing the warranty on a $45,000 car!

Actually there are very few manufacturers left that allow navigation inputs when driving. BMW and Honda/Acura are the only two I can think of. Its just a liability thing.

Use the Lexus enform, just call them up and tell them where you want to go when moving and they will enter it into your nav system for you.

One minor note of interest (I have it as a question for my salesman): my 2007 Lexus IS had a compass setting in the rear-view mirror - this car does not. Does anyone know if the car does have a compass somewhere?

The nav display has a compass in the top left corner of the screen.

Congratulations!

We have placed an order for ours. It should arrive sometime in a couple or three months. We chose to go with the Obsidian/Grey, Ultra Luxury.

As for the "zooming around"... I felt that during the test dive, putting it in sport mode gave it plenty of zoom zoom for me. I'm not in my twenties anymore... I'm not in any hurry. Just want to enjoy life.

Looking forward to it's arrival.

Again, Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

As for the "zooming around"... I felt that during the test dive, putting it in sport mode gave it plenty of zoom zoom for me. I'm not in my twenties anymore... I'm not in any hurry. Just want to enjoy life.

Ditto here. I brought some leaves and yard waste to the recycling yard yesterday, which is about 7km or so away from home; and on the way back, I decided to try out the sport mode. Zoom zoom alright! It's no Beamer by a far stretch, but the sport mode does kick things up a notch or two, that's for sure.

Congratulations! Enjoy!