Seeking Detailed Info On Headlight Disassembly

Hello Group,

I have a '94 ES300 that has been giving me problems with condensation from time to time for the last year. last summer (when i bought it) it was getting condensation in both lenses, so used some RTV silicone and sealed it up on the outside all along the lens to housing seam. That did the trick all fall and winter, and now that things are warming up, i am having problems with my driver's side only. Two days ago i removed it and put more RTV on and blew it out with an air compressor until it was dry inside. The next day, condensation again.

I called a dealer and i drilled holes in the bottom of the headlight (not visible from the outside when installed) to let the assembly breath the condensation out faster as they suggested. I am now interested in perhaps taking the whole assembly apart and cleaning it (i see water spots are developing) and then making sure it never leaks again. I have found some posts on here about putting the lens in an oven, but I am afraid of melting the housing. Does anyone have any specific tips on how to solve this problem? What exactly must I do?

Thanks!

Andy

1982 DeLorean DMC-12

1994 Lexus ES300

Fargo, ND 58102