Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Moonroof Doesn't Automatically Close After Battery Replacement

I replaced my battery and my moonroof now does not seem to function in 'auto" mode. Meaning, when I depress the open or close button fully and let go, it does not automatically go to its full close/full open position. The issue is that it's hard to get it to stop perfectly in the closed position in order that it doesn't have a draft or leak water. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You just need to hold the button to open keep holding it, it will open all the way then should close and the stop. I think that is how you reprogram it. I am going by memory.

Close sunroof, push and hold tilt and let it go through a complete cycle, it will go down, fully open and then fully close. During the cycle do not release the switch.

Thanks James!

Paul

• 8 years later...

Easy fix , turn the schwoogle toggle off to the right then battery disconnect then get up on the roof and close it by force with your hands then the schoogle should noogle the poogle and you should have functioning sunroof again 

On 2/28/2021 at 10:49 AM, Poopwiggle said:

Easy fix , turn the schwoogle toggle off to the right then battery disconnect then get up on the roof and close it by force with your hands then the schoogle should noogle the poogle and you should have functioning sunroof again 

Interesting technical terms there 🙂 
I get the jist of the repair though 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By rxowner10
      I am installing a new battery and need to know exactly what needs to be reset so everything functions correctly.  I've read posts about windows not working, door locks, etc. after replacing the battery. I am not paying $228 for the dealer to replace a battery.  Costco sells an Interstate for $86.  If anyone can help with some info, I would appreciate it! 
    • By LooseJuice
      I'm attempting to fix the leaking moonroof drain in my 2004 RX. This is a problem discussed at length on basically every Lexus forum. It's gotten so bad in my car, that heavy rain will now flood the passenger side of the car with standing water. The drain exiting the vehicle is clear. I poured water down the drain and some came out of the car... but not all of it. The rest of the water is not leaking out through the hole near the floor as is common in many posts. It's actually coming out through the box with all of the wiring connections (which I assume go to the passenger door) behind the passenger kick plate. Now, although I might be right in assuming that the wiring behind the kick plate is for the passenger door is for the door itself, I'm not 100% sure. I don't want to disconnect anything and cause a problem. I'm not a mechanic, I just can't afford the time or money to take this to the dealer to get fixed. So is it safe to disconnect these wires and do I have to disconnect the battery first? Because I'm almost certain I need to get behind there to fix the problem. I've searched extensively for any diagram that can tell me for certain what these wires I'm disconnecting control to no avail.

I need to fix this problem because at this point, I almost can't even drive the car in the rain and certainly can't with a passenger.
    • By texuslexus1
      I recently brought my car in to have the dashboard replaced under the Warranty Enhancement Notification and had the car battery replaced at the same time.
      When I picked up my car, the moonroof would not open and neither the tilt nor power button would do anything, so I could not reset it myself.  The dome/map light would not come on manually or when a door was open.  These remain issues.
      A little while later, the audio system started doing strange things intermittently including:
      power off causes eject disk, then power off switches radio to FM, then power off ejects another CD; power off causes eject disk, I reload disk, then power off turns unit off; power off causes eject disk, hitting load turns off unit; power off causes eject, do not load a disk, unit shuts off by itself.  Otherwise it is hard to switch off the unit.  After a couple of weeks, this behavior mostly stopped.  Now the light which illuminates the radio display stays off most of the time, but sometimes it will come back on.

One of the dual function tail lights stopped working (it was off with the headlights on and came on when the car was in reverse - the dash indicator light came on indicating an issue) and then it started working again and the dash indicator light went off).

I plan to return the car to the dealer to see if they can figure out what is going on.  Could all this be related to just the battery being disconnected?  When I changed the battery myself on a 2005 RX330, nothing happened other than needing to reset the power windows.  When a dash is replaced, does any wiring harness behind it need to be unplugged?  If so, perhaps there is a poor connection when a harness was reconnected.

• By Trevor H20
      Hello, I recently was in a hail storm and my sunroof was shattered on my 2001 Lexus GS 300. Anyone know how to remove the glass for the moonroof/sunroof or remove it. I have glass to replace it. Just wondering if anyone has a diagram or knows more about it than me. I would consider myself a semi handy person when it comes to cars. 
    • By CJAY
      Our sun roof is not working properly. the tilt toggle slide open the entire glass, and the slider, when closing, tilts the sunroof. either way, it's jacked up. i need help. i've tried to unhook the battery to maybe reset the computer but no luck.

Forums

News

Membership