Vsc Off Light

Semork

I Dont have a GX So i am unsure of the controls, but if the diff is locked and hard to turn then DO NOT DRIVE IT

You can serisouly damage the car costing 1000's!!!!

If it is in 4 wheel drive then you need to get it back to 2 wheel drive. You must not lock the diff when driving on Tarmac

• 1 year later...

Your Differential Lock button got bumped by accident and you experienced the locked 4WD mode. If you are driving on pavement the hard steering is representative of the strain on the drivetrain in locked mode and the damage you can cause to the drivetrain. On the LX the Diff Lock button is on the dash and can accidentally get bumped - I have done it and so has my wife. The impact if engaged while on pavement, and especially with a turn, is enough to cause one to always be aware of where that button is located. In snow, dirt, or mud it is great to have. The LX has fulltime 4WD with a viscous coupling differential and is very effective. I have rarely needed the Diff Lock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

As Silverbullitt mentioned, backing up then forward usually releases it when the light is on and diif lock will not release with a simple push of the button. Sometimes it may take a several iterations if it has not been used in awhile.