Rx 450H Tires & Wheels

dgw

My RX450H SE-L 2010 came with Bridgestone 235/55/19 101 V - as OEM in the UK.

They are recommended by Lexus UK for all the RX450s.

Experience is quite good but unhappy with inability to "soak-up" small pot holes / bumps.

Does anybody have experience with Continentals or other brands that might be better ? Not Dunlop or Goodyear, thanks.

Conti Cross Contact UHP looks to have superior tread pattern and technology but is W rating which probably makes then harder, instead of V.

Has anybody changed from 19 inch to 18 inch wheels and did ride comfort then improve a lot ?

I can't speak about Continentals in that particular size and model. but I do have experience with the Continental Extreme Contact DW (16-inch on my Mazda MX6 GT) tires, which are also "W"-rated. They were reviewed by Tire Rack and Car & Driver magazine as providing a very smooth ride and I have to agree with them. They have a 50 aspect ratio. I like then enough that I bought a set for my daughter's Protege - same size and model.

This just in: The November 2012 issue of Consumer Reports. In it is an all-season and Winter tire ratings.

The top 6 all-season V-rated tires were listed as

1) Continental Pure Contact

2) Pirelli P7 Cinturato

3) Michelin Primacy MXV4

4) Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S

5) Nokian eNTYRE (tie)

6) Goodyear Assurance ConforTred Touring

The YOKO Parada-Xs were not listed, for some reason.

Tirerack lists the Continental CrossContact UHP (Summer tires) as highly rated.

• 1 month later...

Eventually selected Yokohama - new SUV Geolander model. Works very well. Ride comfort much improved compared to the Bridgestone and just as good if not better for road handling and steering. Very slightly more road noise but insignificant.