Installing A New Passive Keyless Entry Intelligent Alarm/ With Push S

Hey guys.

I would like to install a PKE(passive keyless entry) with push start /stop on my 2003 is300.

I understand that the stock security system is integrated with the ECU but i was wondering how can i deactivate it so i can install the new one.or is it possible that i can leave it alone since i will not be using the key at all since the new system will be doing it on its own!! Am also asking if anyone has the stock security diagram system.

Thanks help will be very appreciated.

Hey guys.

I would like to install a PKE(passive keyless entry) with push start /stop on my 2003 is300.

I understand that the stock security system is integrated with the ECU but i was wondering how can i deactivate it so i can install the new one.or is it possible that i can leave it alone since i will not be using the key at all since the new system will be doing it on its own!! Am also asking if anyone has the stock security diagram system.

Thanks help will be very appreciated.

Hi LuIS,

This is way above my pay grade so I can't be much help. However my concerns would be the same as you. A way to override the engine lockout when the securiity field is breached may not be possible even though you may try to bypass the key-start system. However, I don't know just how sophisticated the security system is compared to the later model cars.

As an example, the "remote start" feature my dealer installed works well. But it is very sensitive since it has to be wired into the security program. From the house I will start the car and let it cool down or warm up. When I get in the car, if I touch the brake pedal the engine dies. If I touch the shift lever, the engine dies. same thing if I touch the start/stop button. The only way you can keep the engine runing and put the car in action is to push the start/stop button twice and have the Lexus fob with you.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry it took me a while to answer. I finally got the PKE and push button star installed. Let me tell ya, it required a lot of relays, specially because Lexus door locks are sophisticated.am not so good at relays.so I got a little help from a mobile electronic pal. Our Lexus vehicles has a trtransponder integrated in our keys, so a Remote start bypass module took care of that, but am sure it can also be done another way without the use of the bypass module. The system works great and it is universal. It just takes some time 2 get around and had 2 do small mods. But in the end now when I approach to my car...The doors will unlock as well as I leave the car the doors will lock and the alarm will activate. As Of the push start feature we all know how that works.

Am glad how it turned out.

• 1 year later...