Rear Quarter Window Trim Flies Off Of Car

snej

Unfortunately, the trim isn't sold separately from the glass. I checked eBay and no luck.

Your best bet is to buy the glass/trim combo from parts.com. They're the cheapest place to buy new OEM parts from. They're selling the part for $97.19 (or $108.68 if your RX is Japan built). Rest assured these are OEM factory parts. And the part is the same for all 04-09 RX models.

http://www.parts.com...iagramCallOut=1

You'll notice you have several options. The "green" vs "gray" refers to the glass tint. All 04-09 US RX's have the gray tint, so you'd pick the gray. Select the side (either left or right) and select either US built or Japan built. To see where your RX was built, check the sticker on the drivers side door pillar. This sticker will contain the VIN number as well as place of manufacture.

When you get the part, carefully remove the trim and either "goop" it to your car's glass, or get some 3M double sided tape. Good luck!

• 4 months later...

I had this problem with both rear trims flying off. I tried to find them,,,, nope, can't do it, you have to buy a whole new window,,,,,,,,WHAT?????? says I. So I get on the computer and the telephone and finally contact Custome Service were I reached a nice you lady and told he the window trims both fell off and why can't I just get new trim parts rather than a whole new window. She checked on it and another person got back to me. This back and forth went on for a while and finally I brought up common sense,,,, DUH.

I reminded them that people who buy Lexus spend a lot on the name LEXUS, this brings comfort, dependability, QUALITY and customer satisfaction, of which this issue is not satisfying. I also reminded them I have a lot of friends with Lexus cars that will be interested to hear this. {The first friend I talked to about this had an RX and immediately started looking at other cars}. He wrote Lexus about that also. IN the meantime I kept after them.

Then one day I got an email from the LEXUS customer service that arrangements had been made at a local Dealer to replace my rear side windows FREE of charge. I set up an appointment, took the car out there, they replaced the windows, washed the car, AND filled up the tank with gas.

Moral is: They screwed up with a bad part and no easy way to fix it. Be strong, go after them and in time they most likely will fix it. And at the same time it is not a bad thing to threaten them with telling your friends and whoever else you can reach to stay away from Lexus. I am now a happy camper and enjoying the great ride of the RX.

The thing is, this is not a cheap fix and they will try to get out of it, stay with it, do not give up,,,,,,, and good luck

joro3743@gmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

Does someone have a picture that they canpost of what trim piece is coming off? This weekend I was driving my wife's 2006 RX330 on the interstate, and noticed a strange sound coming from behind me. It sounded either like the back of the car, or the rrof rack, but I could never pin point the location of the sound. To me, it sounds like something "loose" and a smacking sound, that it not constatly there, and also has nothing to do with had smooth or rough the road was. I am begining to wonder if this could be the same thing that you guys had a problem wiht here. If so, what should I check for to see what may be loose or coming off?

Does someone have a picture that they canpost of what trim piece is coming off? This weekend I was driving my wife's 2006 RX330 on the interstate, and noticed a strange sound coming from behind me. It sounded either like the back of the car, or the rrof rack, but I could never pin point the location of the sound. To me, it sounds like something "loose" and a smacking sound, that it not constatly there, and also has nothing to do with had smooth or rough the road was. I am begining to wonder if this could be the same thing that you guys had a problem wiht here. If so, what should I check for to see what may be loose or coming off?

It's the... well here's a pic, highlighted in red.

dh3c7t.jpg

• 8 years later...

thanks Joro3743 I have written to lexus today see what is the outcome. I took it to the dealership and asked to replace the two trims for rear window. They said they need to replace both windows which will cost in excess of $800.