Audi Sales Beats Bmw

pj8708

This Blog claims Audi has/is blowing by BMW as worlds best selling luxury car. .....I take that with a very large grade of salt. In just the last year I've posted articles showing Lexus the number #1 sell luxury car.

What does your info. say???

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/13/audi-threatening-bmw-as-luxury-leader/?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl7%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D204851

Paul

I too take these "surveys" with a grain of salt as well. However, I am not surprised by this in the slightest, especially the comments about the A3, which is essentially, the "Lexus if you will" of the VW GTI. I don't think I've got to expand on my own personal opinion of the GTI ;-).

Audi has the toys, the latest in design cues, and that fabulous DSG transmission which has finally made a perfect marriage between a manual and an automatic transmission. Factor in the unbelievably fun factor of a car that feels light on its feet, a turbo, top shelf materials, and a design that is unmistable to its manufacturer, and you've got a real contender. As a car guy myself, I honestly do feel that VW has created the absolute most perfect vehicle available with this latest version of the fully loaded "Autobahn" 4-door GTI. Unless If you absolutely need a sedan, or an SUV, it really is tough to beat. I think folks have realized this as well with the upgraded luxury appointments found in the Audi badge. Don't get me wrong, I think BMW is a phenomenal vehicle, I really do. But I think when you put two offerings in the same segment up against eachother, you'll find a bit more "fun" in the Audi badge now, and a bit more "that's cool" factor as well. But at the end of the day, BMW is an animal all to itself. Nobody can duplicate what a BMW delivers to the market. They're solid, they're perfectly balanced, they're unique, and they're classy. I think all the German badges are so unique to their knittings of what they produce, that none of them can really be grouped together in any real way. I think a BMW 335i, with the proper dressings of features, is probably one of the alltime sexiest sedans ever produced. One day, I will have one.

Lexus is the #1 luxury car in North America...but certainly not in the world which is what that article is talking about. Lexus has almost no market share in europe for instance...

I'd believe it about Audi.

I agree. For every city I've been in, Lexus auto's by far out number other luxury vehicles. European, Japenese, or Scandinavian. This comparison, especially MSRP - Lexus against BMW still puts Lexus as America's number one.

Where Lexus falls back, has been a lack of more aggresive styling. But 2013 has improved that a lot.