Mileage

I know the conditions and the way a car has been looked after is of paramount importance but would a 145 to 160K GS be alright to buy depending on the conditions or is it too high mileage to be a good investment?

Thanks Steve. My budget is around 20K or so and so trying to find a good deal. Either I go for something with a higher mileage or get a year or two older but with less mileage. So that is the question now for me.

Hmm Good question overall. The 06 that i just bought a month ago has just over 100k and is fully loaded. Unfortunately i wasn't able to find a southern car so i eneded up with a New Jersey snow car (rust city). The best advise i can give would be do your research before you commit.

The GS i have has a clean Carfax.com report with two owners and no collision and salvage reported to the organization. I too was under a serious budget so $15k US was my limit so i ended up picking mine for $13,800. I looked underneath the car for damage and signs of repair and i was lucky not to find any.

I would image if my budget was $20k you should be able to find an 06-07 with 60 -90k on the odometer; just make sure the service history is exemplary, ie. water pump, timing belt, coolant flush, tune-up, all working electrics, good brakes and not too many dings and dents. I am seeing some really good looking one on Ebay in the $30-40k range.

• 1 month later...

Thanks UCF. I am looking online at a 2006 with around 70,000 Km and around for 18k. The problem is that I am away and can only come back before Christmas time.

So hopefully some good cars would be available.

How is your car? How is the pick up etc and some people say that there is a huge rattle in the GS. The Gs430 I had did not have any rattles but it is a European car in the UK.

Do you love the drive in the 300?