Video Of Driver With Stuck Accelerator In A Kia!

cduluk

Hey guys,

I saw this in the news tonight and thought i'd share. Apparently Toyota/Lexus isn't alone! This lady's Kia had an issue with the accelerator getting stuck and she couldn't stop the car, going up to 115mph!

Here's the video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r11p8ZNzSA

What do you think happened?? Why wouldn't the gear not go into neutral? In the end, all she had to do was manually lift the accelerator (maybe the floor mat was stuck?) I can only imagine how scared this lady must have been... i'm so glad she's OK!

....and in other news, not to be outdone by the Koreans, Toyota today has announced a new turbo version of the Prius.... :whistles:

....and in other news, not to be outdone by the Koreans, Toyota today has announced a new turbo version of the Prius.... :whistles:

Haha, can you imagine how scary this must be? The car could have very easily flipped over and killed a LOT of people.

Did Toyota/Lexus ever find a fix for their problem?

i bet she got the acelerator under the drivers mat.. usually problem people dont realise.

That must have been what happened, Steve, since the dispatcher telling her to lift up the pedal with her hand got it free- but what i don't get is why putting the car into N didn't work... that should always work!