Service Advice

Hi, I'm the new owner of a 98 Lexus and have little to no knowledge about cars in general. The car has 48,000 miles on it and I noticed that the previous onwer had it serivced by the dealer up to 30,000 mi and then only regular oil change since then.

Should I have all the recommended 45000 services done now? And should I take it to a dealer or else where?

Also, the interior should be cleaned thoroughly. Should I take it to a detailer and how much would it cost?

Thanks in advance.

The 45,000 mile service would be wise idea...do you have your own reliable mechanic? & I'd phone several places to get prices about the detailing. Do you have the means to do the cleaning yourself? hose at you house, shampoo etc.? & welcome to the club!

:cheers:

The 45,000 mile service would be wise idea...

I agree wholeheartedly! The important thing they do is change the transmission fluids. It will probably cost you a whole lot more at Lexus Service then it would cost you at a GOOD independent service station. Look in your Owners Manual and see what they recommend at the 45,000 miles service and then price out the difference in cost. ;)