6 members have voted

1. 1. Have you viewed movie

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Do you agree with the presentation of the movie

• yes
    • no
    • undecided
  3. 3. Does this movie help you make a decision for the electiion?

• yes
    • no
    • not sure

How many of our club members have seen this movie? Just curious...I found myself in an audience of folks over 50 age wise. I guess the younger set doesnt believe in this form of information. I am afraid they only use Blogs, and main cable networks...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're a trip LOL. Michael Moore puts out a movie...he's a peice of trash...someone else puts out a movie with the same tone and the same specious "facts" twisted together but with a conclusion you agree with and its somehow "the greatest form of information". What a joke.

You're a trip LOL. Michael Moore puts out a movie...he's a peice of trash...someone else puts out a movie with the same tone and the same specious "facts" twisted together but with a conclusion you agree with and its somehow "the greatest form of information". What a joke.

Quite on the contrary, I did not call Michael Moore movie trash, I view it as a view that unfortunately many mirror. I like to view all views before I make decisions. The joke is when people make assumptions before viewing the facts. Our nation is in a terrible struggle economically...You personally dont feel it because of your location in a area where government is booming, and the economy is based on government but not industry. If you moved to Las Vegas, Stockton CA., Detroit, you would find devastation in housing, jobs, and degradation of personal income.

Its not a view...its sensationalist BS...both Michael Moore's depiction of Bush and this depiction of Obama. I no more believe that the Bush family is related to Osama Bin Laden than I do the sensationalist paranoia in the movie trailer you posted. The fact that we're in a struggle economically has nothing to with all of that BS about Obama's background, etc. We started down the road we're on far before Obama was even a factor.

Our nation is in a terrible struggle economically...You personally dont feel it because of your location in a area where government is booming, and the economy is based on government but not industry. If you moved to Las Vegas, Stockton CA., Detroit, you would find devastation in housing, jobs, and degradation of personal income.

I think we've established that you know nothing about me or about where I live, I'm in the real estate industry, you don't think I know how big a struggle it is in other parts of the country? I have a position of influence at the largest privately owned real estate firm in the country, we do business in places other than the DC Metro area. My wife hasn't had a full time job since 2008...I get it. I do also know that is has improved and is improving. Got a long way to go but it is improving.

What background or knowledge do you have that gives you greater insight into the economy than me?

I assummed because you were near the beltway that your economics are much better than here or other places. I know it is a dog eat dog world, But we have so many foreclosurers, and folks that have lost their job that it is a tell, tell sign. I go to the Bay Area (San Francisco) and they are doing well, I go To LosAngeles and again they are doing well...The Rest of California is doing not just poor, but are in a disaster. Because of the over spending and programs our legislature enacts we are broke. Stockton, Vallejo, San Jose, Orange, and a few more have already filed bankruptcy. The local paper says at least 18 more are going to do the same. As for realestate, I feel for you, even the commercial stuff is toast here. There is so much vacancy...Rent is cheap if you can keep a business going....Really sad. By the Way I went by Solyndra last weekend in the bay area...Its empty....500 million wasted.......The Silicon valley looks bad too, but The bay area people are doing well, that confuses me. Stayed in a hotel also, (cheap one). As for Michael Moore, well he is a interesting character, claims to be savior of the little guy, but is filthy rich....At least I viewed his movie.....You might try the 2016 movie....it is produced by a conservative, but he didnt attack Obama the way You would have expected.

The second word of your first sentence says it all. I ASSUMED.

Everybody in the nation assumes they know the problem AND the answer, based on assumption's from a choking level of special interest groups. And when you assume someone else's living status based on nothing more than media generalizations about a large geographic area, you are likely to be doing this with other situations such as all people qualifying for food stamps are lazy.

Actually I follow the postings on this site. I knew from the posting of his locality (roughly) and Virginia, Maryland, And DC arent huge....I also knew from the kind help given NC211 by the assumed that It wasnt hard to guess the occupation...even for this conservative.....Food stamps for the unemployed is one thing, but for drug addicts that havent worked in 25 years, well that is a whole other story....Don't ask, it is a sore subject.....

I am probably capable to weigh in on this one a bit. With SW's help last year, I was able to finally escape ChiTcago, one of the worst economic disasters in the country right now for housing valuations. I point out ChiTcago, because it's the 3rd largest city in the country, behind NYC and LA. I'm now in the 4th largest, and love being here, finally! I've been to Detroit several times. My old gig has about $30 million stuck in the western burbs of Detroit that they'll probably not get back out. I've been to LA quite a few times, and Orange County several more times after that (think I feel sorry Newport Beach and Laguna? Think again..) The problems with Detroit and ChiTcago aren't necessarily tied to the economic flow of capital through the system. It's the unionization of the infrastructure. If I could point to one area that I disagree with on with this administration, is their very union friendly attitude. Being forced to hire three people to change one light bulb, is the problem with Chicago. It's also the key highlight why Wisconsin is going much better now, and why Ryan has my attention. They sort of pulled a Reagan to the air traffic controllers type situation with their unionized work force (accept the temporary cuts to survive, or get kicked to the curb, because we're all not going to starve for you). Chicago hasn't figured that out yet.

No argument DC has the benefit of the federal government in its micro economical cycles. And no matter what any political figure says they're going to do to trim government, it ain't gonna happen. The whole

Purpose is to govern the people, and when your people are expanding by the millions each and every year, business is good. Sure, they may reclassify budget allocations here and there from defense to social services and etc., but that flow of funds will still be in the system and will find its way to where it's needed, just not quite as visably as today.

I think I said about a year ago somewhere on here that this country is going to get wacky the closer we get to the election. I think we're now there.

At the end of the day, no way taxes can't come up. No way any sitting President can expect to survive if too many social services are trimmed too much or too quickly to shock the system. What gets said during an election year, and what can actually be delivered thereafter are always two separate things. We're massive ship, that can't make quick turns, and that's just fine by me.

I absolutely agree with SW on an earlier point he made in the other thread. I think there should be a law that laws passed by a previous administration should not be reversed by any current administration without those laws having a chance to succeed. To be quite honest here, I don't want the progress made by Obama to be reversed, at all. I don't want the oversight committees assigned to the financial sector to be dismantled and free reign be given back to the private sector entirely to govern itself. I think many of these regulations are actually quite healthy and quite good for the core of the country. But, what I don't want more of, is more regulation and more oversight. I want what has been created over the past 4 years to have the chance to be absorbed into the private sector, and the private sector to have the chance to adjust to a stabilized level around these regations. My problem that is keeping me from going with Obama again, is that he appears to want to keep creating more regations, and he moves very fast in this regard. Just look at the confusion that surrounds Obamacare. Death panels?really? That's what happens when you try to drive the ship, like a speed boat. What I think would be a good balance for the next 4 years would be a republican president, with a democrat senate. I get nervous when the two are led by the same party, no matter which party it is. I think this would preserve the progress Obama has made, yet stall the further regulation long enough to allow everything to be absorbed. I think this would preserve the social issue progress made, and keep the conversations in that arena alive and moving forward, but would require some fiscal responsibility to move them forward, instead of calling on foriegn capital to fund them.

Either way, no matter who wins or who loses, it's pretty much a sealed deal that more economic pain is on the way, and I hate to say it, but could very well be worse than 09'.

That's why I picked DC to move to. The fed is a great place to snuggle up to when the economic landscape looks shaky. Big government or little government, it doesn't really matter. Although, I do think DC might be in tap to finally feel the pain. But SW is right, it is getting better out there, and we will survive. Not just because of our own internal infrastructure through capitalism, but because the world needs a healthy America in general.

I would also point out the Psycological aspects of economics 101. Let us not forget that we all went on a spending spree from 06-08. New TVs, homes, cars, clothes, etc. those of us, the 90% employed, are starting to face the need to start replacing some of that in general. Cars get bought when needed. TVs get bought when needed. Homes get fixed and/or replaced when needed. Staycations are losing their appeal. This fact, will ultimately start putting dollars back into the system, no matter who sleeps in the west wing of 1600. Fact is, many of us have been perfectly content over the past several years with what we had purchased during the heyday. That's starting to change again.

I assummed because you were near the beltway that your economics are much better than here or other places.

They are.

As for realestate, I feel for you, even the commercial stuff is toast here.

Don't feel for me, I'm doing fine. Great actually.

Actually I follow the postings on this site. I knew from the posting of his locality (roughly) and Virginia, Maryland, And DC arent huge...

My point about you not knowing anything about where I live was based on your absurd statement that Obama is popular in Northern VA because of the high levels of people on Government assistance, and by your statement that the suburbs of DC are slums because you were there once 50 years ago.

As to what nc posted, not much there I don't agree with...

Ok as of today, either others are scared to contribute, or I am the only one admitting that I saw the movie....interesting....Of course in many localities apparently there are only limited engagements....Maybe it isnt allowed or is banned in the DC area....(just joking)

Weird it is advertised locally on MSNBC, CNN, and Fox....Also on local stations....

playing at these theaters in VA

Downtown Mall 6

Charlottesville, VA

Greenbrier 13

Chesapeake, VA

New River Valley Stadium 14

Christianburg, VA

Southpark Mall Stadium 16

Colonial Heights, VA

Danville Stadium Cinema

Danville, VA

Rave Fairfax Corner 14

Fairfax, VA

Fredricksburg 14

Fredericksburg, VA

Virginia Center 20

Glen Allen, VA

AMC Hampton Towne Center 24

Hampton, VA

Cobb Cinebistro @ Peninsula

Hampton, VA

Harrisonburg Stadium 14

Harrisonburg, VA

Cobb Village 12 Cinema

Leesburg, VA

River Ridge Stadium 14

Lynchburg, VA

Manassas Stadium 14

Manassas, VA

AMC Tyson Corners 16

Mclean, VA

Kiln Creek 20

Newport News, VA

MacArthur Center 18

Norfolk, VA

Bow Tie Movieland at Boulevard

Richmond, VA

Commonwealth 20 & IMAX

Richmond, VA

Short Pump 14

Richmond, VA

Westchester Commons 16

Richmond, VA

Valley View Grande Stadium 16

Roanoke, VA

Countryside 20

Sterling, VA

Harbour View 16

Suffolk, VA

AMC Lynnhaven 18

Virgina Beach, VA

Columbus 12

Virgina Beach, VA

New Town 12

Williamsburg, VA

AMC Potomac Mills 18

Woodbridge

That is unfortunately the case of many Americans when it comes to the issues at hand....Then they complain when things arent as they wish...

You talk like this is some important piece of political oratory or an academic documentary...its a movie. A for profit movie. I am not interested in paying one penny to see some garbage like that.

I voted in your poll, if it was ondemand I may watch it that is what I do when I wake up at 3am watch documentaries or the news sometimes I fall back asleep most the time I get so *BLEEP*ed off I can't get back to sleep and end up starting with coffee at around 5am.

dont blame you, it is hard to buy a ticket for something that isnt entertaining....Rarely go to theaters, and when I do it is usually for the grand babies and their movie request. At least I got a senior discount....

Well the movie will probably be number two this weekend....Locally the Davis (University town) residents felt the movie didnt affect their vote. On the other side my town Roseville, Residents viewing supported the film. So pretty much no change on outlook....at least for the hard core.

Sorry you feel that way....So Garbage it is without seeing it.....typical.

I don't have to see it to know what it is. Its a for profit pseudo-documentary told from one point of view where all the "evidence" presented supports that point of view. Same for the Michael Moore movies, same for those 9/11 conspiracy movies. If its on HBO or something I might watch it, but to spend money to go see something in the theatre like that? Not interested.

Take the super size me movie about fast food. Guess what...fast food is bad. There...didn't have to see the movie. Michael Moore's movie about healthcare...US healthcare sucks and everybody else's is better. There...didn't have to see the movie.

I'm not sorry I feel that way LOL