12 Volt Circuit Available To Use In The Engine Compartment

Does anyone know if the 2010 GS350 has a 12volt / Igition On / Engine running/ circuit available under the hood, to use for new Daytime running lights??. I replaced my High Beams with HID's, and want to add LED daytime running Lights. I want to drive a 12volt relay, on when the Iginition /Engine is on.

Aren't you able to use the existing cable from the DRL module. I'm not sure where the module is located but my guess would be under the driver-side kicker panel; trace it to the fuse box and run your cables to the aftermarkets.

Thanks, I will look for that module.I would also appreciate any additional ideas. The Lexus/Toyota DRL system seems to be a Pulsed 12v output, energizing the Filament of the High Beams just long enough to keep them warm, but not full intensity.I can see why many people ahead of me have had difficulty changing out the High Beams for HID's.

The only other option i can think of would be to send my headlights out to Clearcorners. They can install LED in the housing and have an extension cable for the DRL.

An Update: I have installed HID's in the High Beams. I installed a relay in-between the original High Beam wires. The relay will only pull in on 12 Volts. The Toyota/Lexus Daytime Running Light Circuit is a pulsed DC , which I isolate with my relay. I have installed 2 LED Packages, one on each side, next to the Fog Lights.The air Instake/Cowling area works good for these. I used 2 White Warning Lights made by Whelen.