Toyo Tires

kyle0k

hey im thinking of getting some toyo tires of ebay for like 60 bucks,good deal! would "15 inch TOYO Proxes FZ4 Tires 195 50 15"

Tire Size: 195/50VR15

Diameter 22.6"

Section width 7.8"

Weight 17.0 lbs .

would that fit on my stock rims 96 es 300?

if not what size woudl i need???

lastly does anyone know about buying tires off of ebay,if its bad. because my dad says he thinks they are just the defects that the company cant sell at store so they sell here,is this true?

Check www.tirerack.com that will confirm the correct size for your car. I sold a set of Michelin Pilot sport A/S tires for my old Maxima on e-bay without any problems so I can't speak for a tire company as mine were used. Are these new tires? Those toyos are a good choice!! Good luck.

:cheers:

I've heard good & bad about the FZ4's they also have a new tire although it's an ultra high performance all season called the Proxes 4's but are very expensive! I sound like a broken record here but the Toyo Proxes TPT's come in the size your looking for kyle.....check other threads that are on here as lot's have been written about how good they are. Good Luck!

before you buy any tire on ebay......get a detailed written return policy from the seller if it isn't stated directly on ebay.

Buyer Beware!!

Pictures will not do imperfections, slash marks, gouges, deformaties, and blemishes justice.

As to the FZ4's, although I think sk's honesty is a bit harsh I can't say that they are junk. Noisy...somewhat, but so now are my Dunlops. For all I know the FZ4's may now be my quieter tires. The FZs are good in the rain, great on dry, and are solid in the turns. However, I lack any experience other than that of the stock Bridgies and the current Dunlops to compare too.

Lastly, check to see if the size being sold can even be put on your rims. (go to TireRack.com and click away.)

steviej

I get marred easily once i try a product and under real world testing it failys or performs very poorly.

My expericance starts with a customers 91 300 zx with the same FZ-4 tires. It is noisy as hell with them on. I also keep getting the rear end loose much more often than needed. If you drive a 300 it is a really heavy car with moderate power( non TT). Compared to another 300 i have driven also with 18's but falkens it was a dramatic improvment in stability of the sidewall,road feel, noise . Toyo makes great tires the RA-1 ,T1-S but the price point and the return are completly dependent on the tires demands. They make a basic tire for summer and that is there fz-4s. You will never see that tire on a track,car shows maybe but only on a car picking up points when toyo sponsers the event for a few extra points.

hmm ,so what do you guys reccomend me to get that comes in stock lexus sizes? omething that wont make the ride rougher(or atleast not to much rougher) but woudl iincrease handeling and good quality? toyo? yokahoma?

any specific model numbers that would fit my lexus?

i need new tires really really soon b\c my tires are horrible,squeel at any turn thats even slightly sharp. last time i was on the highway i noticed while switching from lane to lane that it felt liek my car was hydro planing on DRY cement. turns out my back two tires where at 12 PSI :o

my dad said he hasnt changed the front for about 2 years and last time he jsut put the front ones on the back so the back ones are like 4 or 5 years old :blink:

funniest part is that my dad still doesnt want new tires,according to him he drives very good and smooth so he has no need for new ones :chairshot: . so gotta convince him to throw down atleast half ,thats why i wanna get them off ebay b\c i dont have too much money.

same time i order tires im prabably going to order front strut bar so my handling should go up like about 3 times as good,lol.

ibe been looking at yokohoma avs dbs 2's(ultra high peromane all-season) they look good but they got a bad snow rating(5.9) which is not good considering i live in clevland and plus they are single directional whcih im guessing is worse,for regular cars purposes.or their yokahoma avid h4's(high performance all-season),they arent directional but also got bad winter rating

also there are some kumho ecsta hp4 716(grand touring all-season),they are only 41! and have a good overall rating with non-dirctional threads. how are these tires? is kumho a good performance brand that ill improve handlin?? why are they so extroardinarly cheap,41 is laughhable for good wheels,even 70 is but they are selling yokohamos for that much.

I agree with steviej about the e-bay factor.....have to be carful.

As for your ES kyle, make sure you double check the speed rating for the vehicle on the door sticker I think it is....I'm not 100% sure for your year, but mine requires a "V" speed rating which is one of many reasons I decided to go with the Toyo Proxes TPT's. I personally would stay away from an Ultra high performance tire for the ES just because the ride quality suffers due to the extreme rigidity of the sidewall & stick with a "performance" tire. The TPT's are that and the sidewalls are reinforced enough to take the corners & have an excellent grip in snow, rain & slush conditions. I can't speak personally about the conti's as I've never had them on any of my cars.......although they are rated pretty good on tire rack. The TPT's are a very reasonable price as well compared to others on the market with the 30 day trial I mentioned. Your right about the yoko's......not good in the snowy stuff. Let me put it this way, I've recommended them to quite a few people at work & they are still my friends :lol: I too would replace them again on my ES as well & I'm a very fussy guy when it comes to tires. Just my opinions here.

kuhmo makes pure !Removed! as well. i wouldn;t put them on anything.

I have had 3 sets. I actually loved my michelin x ones when i had stock tires they were much better than the stock dunlops but a bit pricey .They deliver excellent handling and traction all year round.

so pretty much any one directional performance tire is out of the question,if i dont want noise and ride quality to take a beating. Im just asking b\c these types of tires look good :D and plus i heard they give you much better performance\handling.

The Proxes TPT's are a very quiet, smooth tire & you will not take a beating in the least (don't read too much into the fact they are a "directional tire). They are a performance tire, NOT an ultra high performance tire :) If you get those, then you will be take a beating in ride quality as the sidewalls are super stiff & be jolted even with a small pothole. THe sidewalls on the TPT look very aggressive as well which is excellent from an appearance standpoint :D

yea i think ill prabably be getting the proxy tpt's. Does anyone have a place where they recommend i get them,that will install them for me and for a good price. Because i dont know of any placees near buy that sell toyo. Worse comes to worse ill order online(any recomendations from where?) and ill get costco to install them and everything for 10 bucks each tire.

now the only thing thats stopping me is that im thinking of getting rims within a year so that means if do get rims i jsut wasted like 400 dollars,b\c i will need new tires again :angry:

Check out www.toyo.com (select "find dealer") or click this link to access the find a dealer on the Toyo site. Just type in your zip code & put in like a 10 or 25 mile radius to see where the closest Toyo dealer(s) are located near you.

http://www.toyo.com/find_a_dealer/index_frame.html

My dads so hard to deal with,he talks to this other guy and this other guy tells him why do you need good rated tires you wont go that fast,so my dad wants to buy some 50 dollar bfgoodrich t rated POS tires. I think i might be able to comvince him for better tires but if not i think we might just go with kuhmo's that are same price but atleast H rated and better then POS he wants. Im gonna go to my local toyo dealer and ask how much i can buy the tpt's for with dealer discount,vendros discout,b\c my uncles a dealer:). if its around 70 or 80 i think i might be able to get him that high by adding some money,its just im short on cash but i will try.

what do u guys think?

As mentioned Kuhmo's are the biggest peice of !Removed! i have ever ownerd driven or had to deal with out of 3 sets bought at three different times all of them went bad from 2 different cars? They don;t stand behind there product as they even know it is !Removed!. Don;t waste your money unless you like a dangerous tire. I had 5 sidewall buldges in one tire alone.

Speed rating is just the belts don;t bother buying a tire to match that .You will not loose any ride smoothness buy buying a performance tire or a all season one as you are still in a 15 inch bracket so the sidewall can never get stiff enough to make the ride harsh unless it is a run flat but even still.

I agree with sk for the most part. Let me just ad that price should NOT be the only decision factor here when it comes to something as important as tires! They are an important safety feature and should be given a lot of consideration when purchasing. I paid $350.00 per tire for Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires for my Maxima as I had a very limited selection in my size & would NEVER put another set of Bridgestone Potenza RE 92 on ever again :chairshot: The Toyo Proxes TPT's are an excellent tire with a good track record at a reasonable price & will provide you with good service throughout the tire's life if properly maintained. Check again on tirerack if you like, but I would stay far away from the Kuhmo's & the bfgoodrich would not be on my "shortlist" either.... but in the end, it's your call. :whistles:

• 2 weeks later...

Time for new tires on one of my two LS's. I've always had Michlein's V rated for my 96 LS (which we've put on 185,000 mi - lots of sets).

But my recently purchased 91 LS with 87,000 has Michlein Pilot H rated, (I think)and they will soon need replacing.

I've been looking at tirerack.com and they have a lot of very good comments and reviews for the Kumho ECSTA KH11 205/65/15 (V rating).

skperformance is obviously down on this brand, but I'm not sure why he keeps buying Kumho's and if he's ever tried the rather new KH11's. I've had bad tires including Michleins as well.

I would appreciate anyone's comments on the new KH11 from personal experience. Thanks.

eb

No dought there are good and bad models of tires from all the tire brands to be sure. I can't comment on the Kumho's as I've never had them on any of my cars nor have anyone I know personally. Having said that, the top 3 brands I would consider in this order are: Toyo, Michelin & Yokohama. I always stick with the speed rating that the car maker suggests & what the car originally came with. There is a reason why they designed & engineered the vehicle that way! Just my 2 cents B)