Dead Battery

foxlovescars

(2002 SC-430) I use this car strictly for fun and don't drive it every week. If I don't use the car for six weeks or so, the battery loses enough voltage so as not to be able to start (enough power remaining to open doors using the remote). My battery is new and I don't leave any lights on or the trunk open. Has anyone had this same problem with their SC-430? I solved the problem for the moment by installing a battery cut-off switch, but would still like to know what draws enough current to slowly discharge the battery in that period of time.

Frank

Charlottesville, VA

• 2 months later...

Simple really, too many computers slowly sucking the life out of your battery. The SC430 is well known for this. With a good battery you'll get around 3 weeks tops. I'd recommend a small smart charger such as a Battery Tender to keep the battery charged up and ready to go when you are. You won't lose your radio and seat settings as you will with a disconnect switch.