Key Problem

Mikevalentesr

I recently purchased a 2005 Lexus GX470. The guts to my only key fell out when I wasnt looking and are now gone. I have been quoted by a dealer here in NY $ 220 for a new key and $ 250 for reprogramming. Is there any cheaper way to do this or is this the only way. Thanx for whatever help is out there

Check ebay - you might be able to find an uncut key with remote for less than $100. There are many sources online such as https://www.ikeyless.com/vehicles/Lexus/GX+470/2005/1000451/

Check with a local locksmith about programming the remote and the transponder -- likely one of them will do it for half what the dealer quoted you. You might find programming instructions for the remote online, but the transponder will require a locksmith or dealer. Don't lose what's left of your key.

If you bought the GX from a Lexus dealer, you should have demanded extra keys. A new GX comes with 2 ignition keys, 1 valet key, a transponderless key blank, and a transponder card. Did you get anything other than just 1 key?