1jzgte Head On A 2jzge

Hey guys, I'm working on a lil' project

I recently picked up a Soarer TT front clip and I'm planning on mounting the 1JZ head on my SC300.

So the head would just bolt on right?

Since the compression is different will that affect performance or should I save up and buy pistons and how much? Or do the head gasket double stack thing?

After mounting the 1JZ ecu, will everything work as it should? Meaning the speedo, temps, fuel, climate control and all the other jazz.

If anybody need any spare parts, holla.

So a lot of work ahead of me.

If anyone's in San Fran Bay Area bored and nothing to do, could use some help.

Thanks fellas.

wait a minute i would just slap the motor in there too because the internals are stronger ( assuming that you go turbo), then if you find a 2jz gte bottom end or get better rods and pistons use the 2j block

Yeah, if you have the 1JZ, just go ahead and slap the whole thing in there. Youll get a whole lot more performance with little worries compared to the 1J/2J-GE hybird. Im pretty sure that youre going to have to do some other mods depending on the year of ur SC. Especially concerning the cam sensors

I say do the 1.5jz. The bottom end is equally strong. Guys in japan do it as a cost alternative displacement up on the 1jz. Research it. I think one of our members did it. Only posted like 2 times though. Try www.supraforums.com . They have tons of discussions on this and how to do it. As far as the computer working - some things will definitely work. Too hard to say what won't. Stand alone is an alternative.

I can't say that for sure. But the job has been done before. Maybe a custom head gasket. Maybe not.

I personally feel that if you have a perfectly good 2jz sitting in front of you, and you want a turbo - then it is pointless to go to 1jz. Just slap a good turbo on the ge and rock it. But if someone wants a 1 or 1.5 jz - who am I to say that's wrong? It definitely gets cool points.

You can put the 1JZ-GTE head on the 2JZ, but why on the GE? I mean, once you put the head on there you have to go turbo, but the GE bottom end isnt as strong as the GTE, 1J or 2J. The 1JZ wasnt around long enough for people to use it like the 2JZ, but its just as strong as the 2JZ. Im just a firm advocate of the 1JZ-GTE, so thats just me. You could do the 1.5, but i dont know if i could trust the GE bottom end. Course, its strong enough providing you dont want 20# of boost or more, so that kind of defeats my argument

Thanks for the reply guys.

Well I've heard that people that turbo their 2JZGE have yeilded 400 - 500 horse or even more. My question is, how about the compression how have you turbo GEs lowered the compression or was it left stock??? How about that double stack gasket deal, should I do it???

I'll find out soon enough if the head gaskets are the same.

Since I have all the wiring, I'm going to try and see if I can get the Digital dash to work.

bean: what do you mean the 1jz wasnt long evough to to use it like the 2jz?

jc4: the kits come with thicker head gaskets meaniing they sell them. try call toyomoto or other companies that make the kits about the head gasket

What i meant was that the 1jz was only around for four years on the Supra, only a few of which ever made it to the states to my knowledge. Now, the 2jz came to the states as soon as the MKIV came out. You know once something hits the states it explodes all over the place. Im just saying that if they would have put the 1jz in more US spec Supras there would be a hell of alot more aftermarket research done on it. Over here, the 1jz is a great engine, but the 2jz does have the torque. its the same with the RB20 and 25, and the Aussies RB30. Actually that doesnt prove my point at all. I have no idea what im saying except that america doesnt support the 1jz even though its almost the same at the 2jz

My set-up leaves the compression at 10:1. I have heard bad stories about the stacked head gasket. If you want to drop compression using a head gasket, use a head gasket that will do the job at the correct thickness to begin with. I always recommend a book by Corky Bell called maximum boost. Read it. Twice.

• 1 year later...

the head gaskets are the same, The only real difference in the ge and gte block is the oil squirters arent installed in the GE blocks and there isnt any taps for oil to the turbos, so they are equally strong. therefore i would see it makes perfect sense to make the 1.5jz (make ur 1jz a 3.0)instead of just througing in the 1jz, even the forged rods are the same in the lineup. The 1jz heads are supposed to have better flow than the 2jzgte also. and as jzz30 said, the 1jz is still being made, and since before the 2j, so there out there, just without as much support. 2jzge to lower the compression theres a head gasket out that lowers the compression to 8.5 or something. anything incorrect in my info i transfer the blame to the sites i researched at, but they say the same thing so......