Side Marker Light

its_rg

I need some assistance with the removal of my right side marker light. Which way would be easier; to remove the whole headlight housing or just work my arm in there and remove the bulb itself. If i choose to remove the bulb, how do I get it out?

Indeed, removing the bulb from under the hook should work. Remove the plastic cover under the hood and get your hand in there, turn the bulb's (plastic) basis counter clockwise and you'll take it off. Any hand size will do. Removing the left-side bulb is harder, you may need to remove the battery.

• 1 year later...

There is no humanly manner to remove the lower screw to remove the headlight assembly. The only way to get the so called clearance bulb our it to remove the main plastic panel and contort yourself under the front right side of the vehicle, use a needle nosed pliers to cautiously turn the light socket assembly and pull the unit out, pop in the bulb and test.

The passenger side is accessible via the upper fender well with strong thumb and forefinger turns and do the same. Then curse idiotic engineer that placed the headlight unit in the vehicle in a completely unserviceable manner.

• 1 year later...