06 Rx400H Lower Oil Pan

Think Stealership striped my oil pan last change but cannot prove it. Very, very slow drip and did not notice until way too late, emptied and checked it. I need to find the part number and has anyone replaced one? If so did you use a gasket or just RTV or both? I have found aftermarket pans for RX300 that 'look' like it but cannot get an email comfirmation from the manufacturer. Thanks for any help

Oil pan gasket is the same on the RX300 and RX330, and RX400 but dont know if pans are the same....Call dealership and ask for part number on the different makes...easy find than

just looked on sewell site, looks like pan is the same.....but confirm..

Are you sure it's a case of stripped threads? I take it you tried to torque the pan plug and it wouldn't tighten? A leak could be caused by a missing washer. I believe it is copper but it could be aluminum. Another option if the threads are indeed stripped is to have the hole enlarged and tapped for the next size bolt (plug).

Yep personally I agree with RX400h, I would go to next bolt size up....lot cheaper and easier....Also wouldnt have to disturb a perfectly sealed oil pan.,

Thanks for replies. I drained and inspected; it is stripped and will not tighten to 30 spec. The dealership wouldn't even give me the part number even though they messed it up, "its against policy to give out part numbers". The RX300 pan does appear to be the same but I cannot get it confirmed. I tried an oversized piggy-back plug (only one locally) and it still sligthly, sligthly leaks.

You could also try something like this to avoid ever having to remove the plug again..

http://www.fumotousa.com/

I've used them on all my cars. I had one on my 2006 400h, and the only drawback is a longer drain time, since the hole is smaller than the hole in the oil pan.

I just bought one for my MDX, but for the first time I got one with the nipple attachment so I can connect a drain hose and (hopefully) drain right into an old oil jug and avoid the pan mess.