So Does Anybody Know If This Movie Is Going To Be Released?

lenore

I didnt say I don't believe in God, I said I don't like religion. I don't care if people talk about God, or if the word God is on the money or in the pledge. I don't care. What I do care about is when the bible is used as a litmus test for law. When that happens, then religion is being forced upon people who don't believe, and thats wrong. What it says on the money isn't the issue, !Removed! marriage being outlawed because its a "sin" is. And that's just one example.

When I was amid I went to a Carholic private elementary school (even though we weren't Catholic) and then I went into the public school system in the 5th grade. When iwas in private school we had mass, and we had Christmas parties, etc, but we also had a Jewish sader, we had examples of other religions because we did have students from other religions. In public school, we had to pretend nothing religious existed. It was "winter break", etc. I think that's sad. Nowadays it's even worse.

I think if the Christian faith as a whole was less judgemental and less outspoken about its contempt for people who are different from that they define as the norm, you'd find people would stop trying to delete God from everything. They're fighting back against the entitlement, self righteousness, and arrogance they perceive the Christian faith as having in this country.

As for letting the social stuff go by e wayside, we cannot do that. The stakes are too high.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real stakes in this country are the overspending, and lack of a budget...Trying to confuse the voter with these other issues is a real shame. If we dont get our fiscal house in order, social calamity will happen, when the have nots decide government isnt acting fast enough to redistribute the wealth. It is already happening with such movements as the occupyers. Look at the destruction they have caused in the un- peaceful demonstrations. No candidate ever offers all of the policies that I would ever want. We have to compromise, hoping that the general platform will support the most important solutions to what we want for our country. As for letting the social stuff go, !Removed! marriage, is way down on the list for solving the lost of jobs, and huge debts that we have allowed. I want government that allows job creation, and a stable economy. Quite frankly Sexual preference should not be a government priority. As for deleting God, well that has been going on forever. I believe in our founding fathers documents, it gave us the right to be free to choose our direction in life concerning religion. It did not say to ban it.

The real stakes in this country are the overspending, and lack of a budget...Trying to confuse the voter with these other issues is a real shame.

LMAO! Absolutely laughing my !Removed! off...at you. Now I'm trying to "confuse" voters with "other issues". All issues are issues! Just because they are issues you don't care about doesn't mean they aren't issues.

We can do both you know.

If we dont get our fiscal house in order, social calamity will happen, when the have nots decide government isnt acting fast enough to redistribute the wealth. It is already happening with such movements as the occupyers. Look at the destruction they have caused in the un- peaceful demonstrations.

Then build a bunker and ride out the "social calamity". Sit in a corner and mutter to yourself. The rest of us are just going to go live our lives.

As for letting the social stuff go, !Removed! marriage, is way down on the list for solving the lost of jobs, and huge debts that we have allowed. I want government that allows job creation, and a stable economy. Quite frankly Sexual preference should not be a government priority.

Easy to say when you're not !Removed!. You already have all the rights you could ever want. Tell that to your republican buddies. If they would run on a platform of job creation and the economy, and make a pledge not to enact new laws or reverse laws that are already enacted about social issues like !Removed! marriage, roe v wade, etc, maybe I could vote for them. They can't do that though, because the christian right controls their party. Its in their platform, redefinition of rape, overturning of Roe v Wade, constitutional ban on !Removed! marriage. It IS a priority for those of YOUR party.

I believe in our founding fathers documents, it gave us the right to be free to choose our direction in life concerning religion. It did not say to ban it.

Correct, but in order to be free to choose our direction in life, we cannot allow laws to be passed for the sole purpose of them combatting fictitious christian sin. If we let the right have their way, the only people who will be free to truly choose their own direction in life will be those who choose a christian way of life.

I don't think the wealth of this nation is being destroyed, I think its being "re-distributed" away from the middle class to the upper class. If you compare what portion of the country is middle class, vs lower class, vs upper class to what it was 20-30 years ago, the middle class has shrunk, and the upper class has grown. Costs of healthcare and education spiraling out of control continues to put pressure on the middle class. This is a car forum, so lets discuss cars. Look at sales performance of luxury brands vs mainstream brands. Luxury brands are doing great, mainstream brands not so much. Why do you think that is?

I think it has gotten harder for "ordinary" people to create wealth in this country, and easier for people who have influence and power to do so. Reasons for that are unchecked deregulation of private industry and business.

Now, I think we've overreacted some with the re-regulation since the recession, but the solution is not unchecked deregulation.

And the reason has nothing to do with !Removed! marriage, stem cell research or abortion, and just because we have economic difficulties we need to deal with doesn't mean we can just throw everything else to the wind.

I think that globally we are dealing with serious economic issues, and I frankly don't think theres anything the Republicans are going to come in and do thats going to make a difference. What I do know is that the religious right will set us back decades when it comes to social issues if they get back in charge. Since I see no clear plan on their side to fix the economic issues that makes any more sense than what they have on the other side...I see no reason to put the social issues at risk.

We will survive this, as we always have.