Lexus Ls 400 1990 Cooling Fans

YungNu

Ok, at first , my car runs hot very fast. So i bust my radiator, bought a new one, new thermostat, so i cant fiugure out what the problem is. I finally saw that the cooling fans werent set up, i checked all the fuses, and that wasnt the problem,, so what could it be ?

My first suggestion is to verify that there is adequate coolant in the system. It can be tricky to get it filled after draining it. Here is information on how to do it: http://www.lexls.com...ng/coolant.html

I think the electric fans are for more for ensuring adequate air flow through the A/C condensor than cooling the radiator. The twin electric fans on the 90 LS400 I had for 13 years rarely ran even on 100+ degree days. I've never thought about it but the single fan on my 2000 LS400 doesn't seem to run either. I would do an experiment and check it today but the forecasted high is "only" 88 degrees.

The electric fans are controlled by a thermostatic switch. Sorry, I don't know where it is but maybe someone else here can tell you.