Lexi65

No Sound To My Radio In Lexus Ls430

I'm having a issue with my radio, I have no sound. My audio turns on and off, but I have no sound, is there a reset button?

Wellcome to the Club Bertha. Hope we can help you out.

You say the radio will turn on and off but no sound.....if you have a CD player or tape player do those have no sound as well? If the radio has no sound but every thing else does, you may simply have a blown fuse. However, if none of the features work, you may have a dead amplifier. The amplifier is the component that takes the signal from all of the head unit features, such as radio, CD, tape player etc., and boost the signal (increases the volume) so you can hear the sound at any volume.

If your system is a Mark Levinson, It is more than likely the amplifier.

Wrire back and let us know how things turn out.

Paul

Yes, indeed welcome to the club Bertha.

That happened to me a couple of years back. I tried all sorts of things, even
took it to a guy that could troubleshoot at component level (taking off
chips and soldering new ones etc). The amp had failed.

The dealer wanted almost $2000 for it, so it was not an option. I even
looked into replacing the stereo system alltogether, then I found a
local Lexus shop, for $400 they sent the unit into a refurbishing place,
and got one in return. He plugged it in, and everything is great
(except the volume on the steering wheel doesn't work, but I can just
reach over and raise the volume).

Let me know if you are still having a problem, I don't remember the name of the place,
but I can drive by it and can send you the info for the place, it is in
Pasadena, CA though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Btrini
      6 months ago I purchased a Certified Pre Owned LX 570 and have been loving it so far.  However, yesterday the sound suddenly cut off while I was driving.  Did some reading and found that these Mark Levinson amplifiers have been acting up since 2001 vehicles.  I took the vehicle to the dealer and confirmed that the issue was the amplifier and enquired as to why haven't Lexus done anything about this issue which seems to be over 16 years old.  I spoke to someone and they suggested there may be ground for a class action lawsuit based on the number of vehicles that have had this issue.  I am curious as to how many have had this problem to see if there is indeed a systematic issue or if they are isolated incidents.
      Look forward to hearing back.
      Thanks
    • By heybro
      Just gutted my stock system from my 99 GS300. Headunit, amp and cd changer all worked except the lcd was going out on the display. I swapped in a touchsceen dvd with all the modern conveniences to bring it up to date. I don't have room to keep this stuff around on a shelf collecting dust so i'm open to offers. Thanks!
      lexus radio.pdf
      lexus radio2.pdf
      lexus radio3.pdf
      lexus radio4.pdf
      lexus radio5.pdf
    • By ingobg
      Hello all,
      I own a 2007 Lexus 400h and it's making a strange noise when I step on the clutch/brake pedal when the car is standing still.
      Here is a video showing similar problem:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2PvCuMiTnI
      Does anybody know how to fix this problem?
    • By rcwerner
      I really hope you guys can help me out here. I have a 2006 RX400h that I love dearly. Unfortunately I may need to part with it because of a single noise. There is a persistant squeak/jingle happening inside the cabin, at least I believe it's inside. I believe it's in the back of the cabin, but I know that some sounds (sun roof frame) are deceiving.
      For the most part, this noise happens in the morning and it's usually cold outside. It squeaks for my 20 minute drive to work, off an on. Usually the squeak match up to bumps or imperfections in the road. The odd thing is, the drive home at 5 is squeak normally.
      I've exhausted all troubleshooting that I can think of. I've removed all items from the vehicle. Potentially noisy things like seat belts and the rear trunk cover have been isolated and eliminated as the source. The rear seats have been positioned at different angles in case they were the source. Different areas of the back have been covered with blankets to see if the sound could be covered or dampened.
      Nothing has provided positive results. Please, if you have any insight or ideas, PLEASE help! I want to keep my RX for a long time. Just can't beat 31mpg in a SUV.
    • By Justinkeck35
      Hey, i just bought a Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD Double-DIN DVD Receiver and was wondering what all i would need to install this in my Rx330 without nav or mark levinson audio, would this be all i need http://www.ebay.com/itm/150580524343?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 ? thanks for the help.