2006 Is 250 - How Many Miles Do It Last

Have a '00 RX and looking for something newer. Found a great deal on an '06 IS with 81,000 miles on it.

^^ I know that is a lot of miles and I'm a little worried on how long the '06's last? Anybody wanna weigh in on this? Any response would be greatly appreciated!

At 82,000 miles a 2006 IS will explode in a volcanic cataclysm. :unsure: Well ... not hardly.

How's well is your RX lasting? An IS should do about the same if it has been taken care of in the past and will be taken care of in the future. Does this IS have a maintenance history you can verify? Can you tell if it has been raced or otherwise mistreated?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a 2006 IS 250 with 208,000 miles. Only thing I've replaced outside of normal (I.e. brakes, tires, oil changes) are axels. Great car!

Welcome Deidre to LOC. Thanks for posting that report on your high mileage 06 IS250, very impressive mega miles.

Do you have a long commute that racks up the miles quickly?

Just purchased an 06 with 100K. Car runs and drives like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Other than a few little paint chips and one tiny door ding, it looks like it just rolled out the door also.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I got a 08 is350 with 151000. This car does build carbon though, so from time to time u have to step on it to clear it out. But check the cars history of mentainance . Cause I got screwed and bought a lemon.... Got rear Axel's been replaced , front bushings, front shocks , etc shout 2500$.... So check wat u buy. 

• 11 months later...

'08 with 160k miles and she purrs like a kitten.  I would drive it across the country without a 2nd thought.

It should be noted that although it is expensive as hell, the car has strictly followed the maintenance schedule with the dealership from birth and it has been excellent.