Poor Mileage Post-Tuneup Rx 300

Andie522

I have been getting 18-20 mpg in mixed driving in my 1999 RX300 but it went down to 17.2 for the past 6 months. Just had a complete tuneup but mileage is still 17.2. I read something about a memory fix that the dealer can do, does anyone know anything about this, or any more suggestions for better mileage? Thanks.

I have been getting 18-20 mpg in mixed driving in my 1999 RX300 but it went down to 17.2 for the past 6 months. Just had a complete tuneup but mileage is still 17.2. I read something about a memory fix that the dealer can do, does anyone know anything about this, or any more suggestions for better mileage? Thanks.

Welcome Andie522.

Looks like nodody knows the answer either, Nor do I.

The obvioous next step is to call your dealer and ask about the memory enhanecment.

Please write back and let us know what you found out.

Paul

Never heard of it, however unhooking the battery for 10minutes and connecting will start the reset the computer. When You had a tuneup what type of plugs, did you use...Hopefully the original equipment either NGK or Denso iridium. Please not that summer blend gas generally gets worse mileage, (more for polution less for performance) Other things are the cleaning of the Idle air control valve, replacing the PVC valve, using a good quality fuel performance synthetic oil. Tire pressure and type of tires can also affect mileage as well as a clean air filter. Good luck