2013 Base Pricing Released!

SW03ES

Good to know. Wish the lexus.com site is ready with a "build your own ES 2013" page. I wonder what the color palette for the exterior and interior will be this time.

They actually do have a build your own, just no pricing yet, you can play with the colors though:

http://www.lexus.com/BuildYourES/

Not real wild about the colors, but Lexus colors have never really wowed me. I love my truffle pearl, and I loved my Black Garnet before it. I suppose this time it would be Fire Agate Pearl, but thats pretty similar to the Black Garnet I've already had.

The new silver is really neat if its the same silver thats on the new GS. Has a real liquid metal look.

• 6 months later...

They actually do have a build your own, just no pricing yet, you can play with the colors though:

http://www.lexus.com/BuildYourES/

Not real wild about the colors, but Lexus colors have never really wowed me. I love my truffle pearl, and I loved my Black Garnet before it. I suppose this time it would be Fire Agate Pearl, but thats pretty similar to the Black Garnet I've already had.

The new silver is really neat if its the same silver thats on the new GS. Has a real liquid metal look.

I've never seen the Black Garnet, and I don't think I've ever seen the Truffle Pearl in person, but my new 2013 ES 350 is Fire Agate Pearl and it is beautiful. It's best described as looking like rootbeer. Yes, if it's parked inside where there is little light, it will look almost black, but any light on it at all will reveal the brown, and in sunlight it is totally awesome.

My 2005 ES was Black Garnet and by far my favorite. Had more compliments on that color than any other. My 2010 was Black Saphire. Again, great looks, but showed swirls in paint even though I had it hand washed only at a detailer's. Went with Black for the 2013 ES. Like SW, I just didn't fall in love with the 2013 colors so I figured it's pretty hard to screw up Black.

Paul