Top Speed

GI_Jim

I recently read where another person asked the question about what the top speed was on a stock LS400 somewhere in the postings but everyone that replied made it seem as if it was a no no to answer. If it is not a problem I do have an answer to the question.

Had my 93 at 242 km/h (150 mph) (measured with my Garmin StreetPilot GPS) and it was still accelerating when i closed in on heavy traffic. This was in Germany... NOT here in Norway.

Regards

Arvid

I haven't tracked my LS yet, but the max I've done was 142mph before I reached the bend. Before I track it, I'll have to build a roll-cage.

Had my 93 at 242 km/h (150 mph) (measured with my Garmin StreetPilot GPS) and it was still accelerating when i closed in on heavy traffic. This was in Germany... NOT here in Norway.

Regards

Arvid

Man, I wish we had AutoBahn in the U.S., if this was the case us LS owner's would be killing those cheap sports cars. :D

Well then I since someone else did I'll tell it I did 147 in my 93 LS400 with 126000+ miles (no one can tell me that doesn't show great workmanship on a car) with the added weight of three people in the rear seat and a front passenger but we all started to freak so I let off but i did log the top speed with my gps. It is kind of neat to see the needle on that end of the speedometer too.

Sorry--but you SPEED guys must be under 40---since when you get at least that old you appreciate living !!! Hope the tires are Z rated and a big dog or deer doesn't wander in the highway!!!! And you have a will made out so the state won't get everything. Really NOT worth having that experience as a conversation piece.

:unsure:

I agree with Tansupplyman, one of my friends just had an accident. He looped a curve so fast with his Civic that his car rolled and some how his car had a realy huge hole in the roof. Matter of fact, since I just bought this Lexus, I just did about 95mph on a state highway, where there are broken yellow lines are to pass. IRONICALLY, guess what I passed a Honda Civic (with Euro's) while I did this. Even though we can fit 2 of those cars in our trunk :lol: you have to realize. These LS's car huge .When you are driving it you don't feel like you are driving a beast. But get out and let someone drive it around in the city and see how big your car is compared to all the other cars and even most SUV's.

I understand what you mean. This was a while back and in retrospect a stupid trick. I have definitley slowed down since just because I want to take care of my car and I'm not in the business of injuring others or putting them in danger. I am now an army mp so I more or less do just the opposite. I don't reccommend what I was talking about just thought i would answer the question. So now any stock 93 LS 400 owner knows what the car will do and so no need to test it out.

Hi again.

250 km/h is not fast by German standards.. but not for long distances (these days when the traffic has been so congested ) . I reccon a cruising speed of 100 mph are not unusual in Germany.

I rather cruise close to 150 mph with the LS 400 and remember that I lived through the years when I roamed the continent in my 1983 Renault R 5 Turbo from 83-91. (The only car that has raced several of the tracks with a towbar they told me one time in Hamburg :D )

See enclosed picture:

Well. i'm sure that I will stir the cup now.. but here comes a quote from Jack London:

I would rather be ashes than dust!

I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dryrot.

I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

The purpose of man is to live, not to exist.

I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them.

I shall use my time.

post-4-1078616309.jpg

Edited by Lovik

well done in that old car. thats got to be fun. on the matter of achieving overly fast speeds in an LS, i have only gotten my 94 up to 135 mph before coming up on traffic. I do believe that it will go much faster. I am under 40, under 20, i am 16:still young and dumb. (no, mommy and daddy didn't buy my car for me. i pay through the nose for it.) i hope to one day hit 156 mph just like it says in the manual. :D

:cheers:

I had no idea how fast these LS cars were when I first bought it. I generally don't drive much over 90, but I did crank the LS up to a little over 130 on I-80 In Pa. The only scary part about it was knowing what the department of internal security would do to me if I got caught.

My tires aren't V so I wasn't going any faster. The LS was still loafing at 130 which did scare me. I am 50 and somewhat of a responsible adult. To IUZ-FE who is only 16. Don't go so fast. If you kill yourself at your age, you will miss most of your life. When you are older you won't miss as much. My brother got killed at 19 due mainly to inexperience. AT your age, in spite of you lightning fast reflexes, you do not have the driving expeirence to go so fast with any assurity of safety. I'm not ragging on you, we just don't want to see you kilt.

For those of you who like driving fast for fun (which I do) check out the driving simulator I built for my XboX in General Discussions forum. It is so awesome and I'll post a picture tonight. I can't wait to get home and do a little WRC action. Let me know what you think. My neighbors and wife all suspect I have gone around the bend.

Denny

Just to let everyone know a lexus will outrun a chevy impala with a police interceptor package. I occasioally drive one on duty and it has no where near the power of my lexus. But just remember no matter how fast your CAR is our RADIOS are much faster. B)