Synthetic Oil Change

sam2004

Can someone please tell me what the best mileage for the oil change is if I use synthetic oil (for RX330)? I have changed my regular oil @ 8,000 km as per maintenance manual and switched to synthetic recently.

Thank you!

First of all, conventional wisdom is that you should NEVER switch to synthetic if you've been using dino juice. Especially if the car is 8 yrs old.. Don't be suprised if you start getting oil leaks around gaskets..

I've switched from regular to synthetic (Mobil) on two Lexus LS400's - a 1990 I bought new at 50,000 miles when Lexus finally approved synthetic for use and my currently owned 2000 LS400 when I bought it used at 38,000 miles. I drove my 90 LS400 to 183,500 miles and have driven my 2000 LS400 to 155,000 miles with zero oil consumption or leakage between oil changes. Many others have reported similar experiences on Lexus forums. Regarding the original question, I have never altered the oil change interval rather using regular or synthetic oil - always 5,000 miles and always change the OEM filter.

First of all, conventional wisdom is that you should NEVER switch to synthetic if you've been using dino juice. Especially if the car is 8 yrs old.. Don't be suprised if you start getting oil leaks around gaskets..

Thanks for your reply. But I am pretty sure that there will not be any oil leaks due to the change. Long time ago when they first invented synthetic oil, that problem came up. But new oils are compatible with regular oil. You can switch back & forth without any trouble.

I've switched from regular to synthetic (Mobil) on two Lexus LS400's - a 1990 I bought new at 50,000 miles when Lexus finally approved synthetic for use and my currently owned 2000 LS400 when I bought it used at 38,000 miles. I drove my 90 LS400 to 183,500 miles and have driven my 2000 LS400 to 155,000 miles with zero oil consumption or leakage between oil changes. Many others have reported similar experiences on Lexus forums. Regarding the original question, I have never altered the oil change interval rather using regular or synthetic oil - always 5,000 miles and always change the OEM filter.

Thanks a lot.