Navigation "avoid Area" Help Needed. George Washington Bridge

I need help or advice on how to enter a specific area to avoid.

Lexus HS250H

Background: I have been driving between south of NYC and north of NYC for 30 years and I make it a point to avoid the GWB because I have never passed over it when there wasn't a huge amount of congestion and life threatening madness. Going around works nicely and has kept the gray hair to a minimum. Despite knowing my route extremely well, I'll often set the GPS anyway, just to keep track of the time and mileage.

However, whether going North or South, I always wait until I pass NYC because no what you tell any GPS, they always want you to take the GWB and every exit along the way is another opportunity for the GPS to speak up and tell me to exit and go a different way than I'm going to go.

So, over the years I have tried to set my GPS to avoid the area and I've never been able to make it work. Then , this week, I got it in my head to try again and the GPS on my HS250H seems to be just as difficult. I can only seem to get it to avoid Southbound Rt 95 using the menus and if I ask it to avoid an area, and cover the whole bridge and the approaches with the masking tool, the confirmation window only covers the approach to Southbound Rt 95. I need both north and south and both the upper and lower decks to be forbidden.

Now, the bridge is being closed for repairs and I assume more people than just me are going to have to know how to get around it.

If it can't be done, it's okay. I am just stubborn.

Has anyone else succeeded in blocking this area? Would anyone who has had success avoiding any area before be willing to try and block the GWB and if successful, let me know what to enter to get it to work?

Again, not a crisis either way. I'm just looking for advice from the more experienced.

Thank you.