Coolant Resivoir On 93 Ls 400

GI_Jim

I have a slow leak in my coolant resivoir and a mechanic told me that it would be around $250 to get a new one because the whole assembly (resivoir, cap, low coolant sensor) has to be replaced and that wasn't including labor. I know I can replace it myself, I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could get the unit cheaper. Also a power steering pressure line. The mechanic said that these could only be ordered through lexus but I'm sure there has to be someone out there that builds these.

clean the leaking spot and use GOOP; repair should last at another 10 yrs--only water.

For those who haven't used---this is one more awesome product---to remove you have to cut-off with a razor blade-; eliminated a transmission leak on a 1959 BMW 600[2-cyl] and has held for 3 yrs. now.

clean the leaking spot and use GOOP; repair should last at another 10 yrs--only water.

For those who haven't used---this is one more awesome product---to remove you have to cut-off with a razor blade-; eliminated a transmission leak on a 1959 BMW 600[2-cyl] and has held for 3 yrs. now.

I thought GOOP was that creamy soap to wash your hands....?

What is this?

I agree on the plastic tank...find something! Watertight caulking or similar...find something that is PRO GRADE and adheres to plastic with some heat resistant characteristics...