Has Anyone Used Tornado Gas Saver On Es300

Nilkanth

Hi,

I have an 1999 ES 300. Currently I am getting approx 23 mpg . I was wondering if I use tornado fuel saver (as shown on tv.) will that improve my gas mileage ?

Has any one tried it before ?

Regards,

Nilkanth.

:D

Try a search on these forms by putting in Tornado fuel saver or there might be some on clublexus. I was considering the same thing for my ES but have heard it's nothing more than a scam & waste of money. I'd consider a K & N air filter instead.

:cheers:

You would have thought that the principle is so obvious that it's maybe a day's work to build and test something like this. You can bet that a few have been built, but for some reason, even though you get extra hp and milage, no company has fitted it on their cars, even though on an individual basis they only cost $64.

I notice that for some reason, as in so many ads of this type, the findings have been confirmed by an independent business that they just can't tell you the name of. You'd think that with all the publicity such a story would generate, testing organizations would do something like this for free.

Finally, there's mention of magazines where info has appeared. Yet when you click on this part of the web page, the destination is . . . the web page you're already on!

I think that your money would be better served in the "Buy Venture an LS430" fund. I promise if enough people send me 64 bucks (it'll take around 1,000 of you) I will definitely post a picture of me smiling at the wheel.

the critiques that I have read on the Tornado have stated that in theory it would work, however for any achievable efficiency the engine would have to be kept at maximum rpm.

Now that would be impossible in everday use.

My feeling is it is a waste of money. I agree with Lexusfreak, spend the money on a K&N.

steviej

it is junk.

It would have to be at an optimum speed all the time to have any results as well as be vehicle specific for the lenght of the runners of the intake and throttle system. A nice idea with a really bad execution.

I love the commercial with the guy spinning the water bottles saying see how the water flows easily now that a tornado action is happening.

Umm , it is because the water has moved aside to make an opening for air to pass bettween the 2 bottles at the restriction.It has nothing to do with the swirling action.Just stick a straw inbetween them and the same thing would happen ,swirling or not.

We actually tried to integrate the tornado into your Carbon fiber intake system and LOST horsepower. We purchased about 40 units in hopes of high sales yet when we went to the dyno.....We lost horsepower..... :huh:

They sent us a return shipping label asap like they knew it was a defective product.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not tried a Tornado on either of the Lexus autos I own (1993 LS 400 and 1994 ES 300). However, I did buy one and try it on both a 1995 Toyota 4-Runner I once owned and the 1996 Toyota 4-Runner I now own. It may absolutely no difference in power output or mileage.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!

Unfortunately, I did waste mine.

I think SKF hit it right on the head, the analagy that they use in the commercials (the two water bottles) doesn't apply to a car - this is a common occurance with commercials, they show you something 'similar' that is true and it sounds like it applies to the actual scenario, but it really doesn't. If the thing really works, just show us actual examples of it working, not some slight-of-hand magic trick!

• 17 years later...

Well I just want to add my two cents and it’s 2015 and I’m looking for one of these again I will have to say it did work for me I had a 2010 Chrysler 300M special The good looking one high-performance one big wide tires V-8 engine ran like a champ

Back then I saw the ad just like everyone else hoping to improve my gas mileage

there’s a feature in the car that gives you miles to empty I was always averaging about 284-291

I kept my oil up did my maintenance regularly

I did purchase the Tornado back then and I put it in and ran it for three months… As I began to get skeptical I said let me just go ahead and take this thing out and I happened to check my miles to empty and I was at 323 miles to empty!!!!
I immediately left that thing alone left it in there and I appreciated 23 more miles per gallon!!!

I currently have a 2015 Tundra and I’ve been shopping around trying to find that same model it’s not on the market anymore there are many duplicates and I’m still searching I’m bout to pull the trigger soon though

• Like 1