Dash Kit For Aftermarket Stereo In Ls400

GI_Jim

I own a 93 LS 400 and i was wondering if anyone out there knew where I could find a mounting kit to install an aftermarket head unit in my car. I allready have subs and an amp and was looking to put a new alpine dvd unit in the front but cannot find a mounting kit.

I wish I would have known about that kit a month ago lol. I had one custom made by custom sounds here in Tx and it cost me 250 dollars. I went to like 5 other shops but everyone tried to put the ES300 kit in and it wouldn't fit.

Hey GI_Jim,

Please let us know how the install went, whether you're doing it yourself or having a shop install it for you. Does it look pretty clean? Does the mount match the existing color of the rest of your dash?

By the way, can anyone recommend a pretty decent after-market in-dash, internal 6-disc CD player? I plan on utilizing the existing speakers and wires, etc. since I have the stock premium Nakamichi system. Don't know if that's a really good system or not, just bacause the "Nakamichi" name tag is attached to it. Thanks.

ayan,

For the subs and amp I had Circuit City install them and will also have them install the new alpine dvd unit in there with a couple of screens in the back (the dash kit isn't shipping for 3 more weeks and the other stuff will be done a little later), also a lot more things but to get back to your question. Yes they did a really good job on the install. Along with being in the military I work at CC. They warranty all the work they do for the life of the car and if you ever sell the car or get a new one and want to transfer the system it is free. Don't let them tell you that they can't do an install on the car if you want one. ( they will sometimes do that. ) If you decide to and there is any trouble or questions just contact me at james.hilderbrand@us.army.mil and I will take care of it.